Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NEED HELP ASAP

Old 07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts
Default NEED HELP ASAP

i just gor a jdm h23a vtec.and the crank sensor is in the obd2 dizzy instead of on the oil pump.can i just wire in the obd2 dizzy to my obd1 harness.will is still run good with my running a p28.if so dose anyone have to conversion map are anything.thanks alot
Old 07-07-2009, 06:54 PM
1.6L's of N/A fury!!

mightyjoecivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: NEED HELP ASAP

...what? You can run the wires to the ecu only if you get the right ecu(p13). If you plan on running that motor with the p28(1.6L sohc vtec) ecu, then you will be very disappointed. You might even blow the motor.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Well, I haven't said this yet this week, so I guess it's just about due:

You don't have a crank sensor on your oil pump. It's in the distributor. The sensor by the oil pump on OBD2 engines is the crank fluctuation sensor, not the crank position sensor.
Also, many of the JDM OBD2 engines don't have the crank fluctuation sensor anyway.

Yes, wire the distributor to the ECU, just like you would if you're using an ODB2 ECU. The crank angle sensor is still in the distributor, it doesn't matter if it's OBD1 or OBD2.

You should get your P28 chipped with the correct maps for that engine, or better yet, get it actually tuned instead of just throwing some transposed maps in it. The stock P28 maps will not run that engine correctly.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-07-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:04 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Like said above more or less if you are going to run a P28 or any other OBD1 ECU with the H23 then you will no have to worry about the sensor that is at the oil pump. The P28 will not look for it any way.

Also stated more than once make sure that if you do run the p28 that you have the correct map for the engine that is being used.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Registered member

1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts

my bad lol 4 got to mention that my p28 is tunned on crom for it lol