Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Help

Old 12-16-2003, 08:21 PM
SC Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spyderman9803 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help

I need help with a 98' Eclipse Spyder GS with the 4g63T conversion. I have not done any work on the car for a while and just recently sold it to a friend of mine. The car worked great for 4 months in its current setup, and about 2 weeks ago started to overheat whenever it maintained boost. You can drive the car and hold boost from prob. 3-5K, but whenever you take it above that it begins to overheat. I have been trying to figure out what the problem is and am stumped. I tried replacing the water pump, replacing the radiator, and even had it looked at by a local shop with no luck. If you have any thoughts or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:49 AM
PJ2
Registered Member

PJ2

Have you replaced the thermostat and tested the radiator cap yet?
Old 12-29-2003, 08:26 PM
SC Pimp

yea I replaced the radiator totally and replaced the thermostat too. I'm still lost. lol
Old 12-29-2003, 08:29 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

did you replace radiator cap, too?
Old 01-02-2004, 09:12 PM
SC Pimp

yea it came with the new radiator
Old 01-07-2004, 07:57 PM
SC Pimp

I figured out what the problem was today. I got bored and decided to rip the motor apart and see if I might could figure out what the problem is by examining each part. I got to looking at the headgasket and it was cracked. I put a new one on and surprisingly the problem was fixed. I was soo pissed that it was as simple as that. Im just glad that the problem is finally fixed. Pain in the ass of a car.