Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help!!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:43 AM
I ♥ My Dc2!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdm1.5vtec has disabled reputation
Default PLEASE CLOSE THREAD!!

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD!!

Last edited by jdm1.5vtec; 10-04-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:02 AM
Registered Member

Grandmasterlarr has disabled reputation
Default Re: need help!!

OBX and BLOX are like off brands i wouldnt use any of there stuff. and unless you plan on only draging your car dont do ITB's.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

If you are comfortable using a BLOX IM, then the OBX ITB's should be fine. Is your motor built?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

As long as the machining on the throttle bodies is good enough that they won't bind or have problems like that, there should be no problem using them. Throttle bodies either work on they don't; they're just a cylinder with a throttle plate so the only important part is their throttle shaft bearings and the machining quality. Use your judgment.

You'll need some type of vacuum accumulator and a different type of MAP sensor, and you'll definitely need a good solution for tuning.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:49 PM
I ♥ My Dc2!!

Originally Posted by BentValve
If you are comfortable using a BLOX IM, then the OBX ITB's should be fine. Is your motor built?
the only thing i have is itr cams skunk 2 cam gears.

Last edited by jdm1.5vtec; 09-30-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:51 PM
I ♥ My Dc2!!

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
As long as the machining on the throttle bodies is good enough that they won't bind or have problems like that, there should be no problem using them. Throttle bodies either work on they don't; they're just a cylinder with a throttle plate so the only important part is their throttle shaft bearings and the machining quality. Use your judgment.

You'll need some type of vacuum accumulator and a different type of MAP sensor, and you'll definitely need a good solution for tuning.

yeah i understand what your saying i will probally get matt shue to tune them in for me if he does it ill have to check it out but thanks for the help!!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:09 PM
I ♥ My Dc2!!

Originally Posted by Grandmasterlarr
OBX and BLOX are like off brands i wouldnt use any of there stuff. and unless you plan on only draging your car dont do ITB's.
i just wanna drive it everyday and play with it a little on the weekends or track days.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:30 PM
All Motor All Day

BuddyClubCivic has disabled reputation

Gsr throttle cable and stock intake manifold gasket.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Sensors will depend on the throttle body setup. You usually can't use the stock MAP sensor because of physical differences in mounting, and usually not the TPS sensor either unless it's the same type of shaft and mounting pattern on the ITB setup you buy. IAT is often different also. For a MAP you can usually use a GM remote mount sensor (with tubing), they're a convenient firewall mount sensor and the characterization curves are already included in most tuning software for at least the 2 and 3 BAR versions.

None of these things really matter though because you'll need to get tuned anyway and non-stock sensors can be changed in the tuning software.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:29 PM
I ♥ My Dc2!!

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Sensors will depend on the throttle body setup. You usually can't use the stock MAP sensor because of physical differences in mounting, and usually not the TPS sensor either unless it's the same type of shaft and mounting pattern on the ITB setup you buy. IAT is often different also. For a MAP you can usually use a GM remote mount sensor (with tubing), they're a convenient firewall mount sensor and the characterization curves are already included in most tuning software for at least the 2 and 3 BAR versions.

None of these things really matter though because you'll need to get tuned anyway and non-stock sensors can be changed in the tuning software.
yeah thanks alot man.