Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help....

Old 12-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts
Default need help....

i just bought a 1990 acura integra and i notice my floor mate on the passenger side was wet i thought it was comming from the window but its wasnt then i notice water dripping from under the dash so it only drips when the heat is on so what is causeing that to happen. and when i turn the climate control off the dripping stops so could some one let me know why its doin this so i can fix the problem thanks.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation
Default Re: need help....

heater core . buy a new one . or bad fitting to the heater core one of the two . usually the core gets rusted out and starts leaking .
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

where can i get one of those at but the heat still works tho does that mean any thing.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

+1 had the same problem in my accord and my truck. gonna be a bitch 2 fix. have fun
Old 12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

autozone. anywhere that sells car parts... and youre gonna need a haynes/chiltons or someone that knows how to rip the dash off real good!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

yeah they sux to replace . your gona take like half your dash out to replace it . pretty cheap part though . i would pay some one to do it .
Old 12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

dam thats so dam gay lol
Old 12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

Is your defrost on? If so then when you turn the heat on the a/c automatically kicks on so it could be the drain tube from that backed up..not as likely as the heater core but a possibility. Is it WATER or coolant?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

its just water and ya my rear defrost was on
Old 12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

Originally Posted by slowrex
its just water
Defrost on when this happens? If not then you might want to check that there's not straight water in your cooling system. If so I'd look at the a/c drain tube first.