Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My Subie Timing Belt Jumped. Why?

Old 10-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: My Subie Timing Belt Jumped. Why?

What dealer was this?

You would be surprised at how we can tell a car has been in an accident. Mainly times the shop doesn't fix it correctly, you can see it in the paint, fresh parts/bolts, etc. Hell I had a lady today tell me she has no idea how her tire was damaged on the sidewall, yet you can see the different paint job all on that side of the car.

The reason why SOA/dealer did not cover this is probably because of the accident. If they can tell that front end repairs were made due to a collision and this can be related to the failure of a part, they will not, and should not cover it. Now I can't say I have seen a Subaru motor jump time. Most of the time, the tensioner lets go or the belt breaks.

As for the belt not being changed, you can change it early. Yes it is not due until 105k, but they could have offered you the option to pay for a new belt which is around $149.95 if I recall.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

This is Manassas Subaru off Liberia Avenue.

I asked them how they found out about my accident and they said their Subie tech was checking the car out and noticed that everything in front of the motor is new (belt covers, radiator, fans, front frame replaced, etc) because they're all shiny and everything else looks old because of mice crap and pollen and stuff (I live in the woods, I can't keep it clean no matter how hard I try.)
Old 10-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Ahhh I Gotcha.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

subiebui is an unknown quantity at this point

that's a little odd. i wonder what could have done that. and ps. a car will last if you abuse it. as long as you take care of it. and revving out to 6k isn't beating it a little? redline is 6.75 haha
Old 10-18-2008, 04:28 PM
NOt rep'n the g1teg

popwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond repute

subaru can be really messed up with what they actually will cover under their warranty