Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Is my motor gone?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of
Default Is my motor gone?

Ok so i just bought a 95 TSI and it is blowing smoke out the tailpipe. It smells like anti-frezze. Does this mean the motor is gone? If you need anymore info just let me know and i will tell you the best to my knowledge.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
CRX SI

Miller1085 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Is my motor gone?

you just need to change the head gasket, just dont keep driving on it.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

sounds like a head gasket
Old 03-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

ok could it be anything else?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:56 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

Originally Posted by Pyscolilboy17
ok could it be anything else?
have you checked the headgasket yet? if not dont ask again when multiple people have allready put you in the best direction. change the headgasket and sell the car and buy a saturn.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

"buy a saturn" hahahaha are you serious? i haven changed to headgasket yet b/c i just got the car today.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

is the smoke white? if so then it definitely is coolant, pull the plugs and you will be able to tell looking at them what cylinder(s) have the problem, definitely don't drive it around like this. check and see if any of it is in the oil (choc milk on dipstick) it is likely as suggested by others a head gasket, if theres none or little in the oil and it hasn't been hydro locked (major leak) then its easily fixed. I don't know what your abilities are but if you don't want to tackle this yourself i have a small shop and we do work like this on the regular at affordable rates. hit me up if you need any help.

Last edited by RCR Roscoe; 03-06-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

yes the smoke is white, there is oil on th dipstick, i dont think it looks like choc. milk im not 100% on that but i will check tomorrow. im pretty sure i can change the head gasket by myself but incase not where are you located?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:39 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

Swap the bitch for a 6 bolt while your at it
Old 03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

why is 6 bolt better than 7?

Quick Reply: Is my motor gone?