Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

mr2 turbo problem

Old 08-07-2003, 02:16 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockybling can only hope to improve
Default mr2 turbo problem

my cars driving like shit, once my turbo spools, my car started backfiring and didn't pull any more. i found a leak and fixed it but now it still doesn't have any torque? oh, plus there is smoke comin out of my o2 sensor? what the fuck is wrong w/ this peace of shit mr2!!!!!!!? oh, does anyone know where i can take this car to get accurately diagnosted? anyone ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-07-2003, 02:54 PM
hybrid hatch

totaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these parts

i'll trade you
Old 08-07-2003, 07:13 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

Default haha

Originally posted by totaled@100+
i'll trade you
the car doesn't drive that bad!!! haha, jk! anyway, i still need help! where is matt when you need him?
Old 08-07-2003, 08:48 PM
hybrid hatch

totaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these parts

or the geek
Old 08-07-2003, 09:09 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat
Default Re: mr2 turbo problem

Originally posted by Rockybling
plus there is smoke comin out of my o2 sensor?
Can you be more specific here?
Old 08-08-2003, 04:55 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Default Re: Re: mr2 turbo problem

Originally posted by Heat
Can you be more specific here?
thats really as specific as i can be, there was smoke coming out of my o2 sensor. i have no clue why and im not throwing a code. basically my car feels like a b16 cause i have no torque when i should have alot. under boost it feels like im leaking air or not gettin enough fuel. and sometimes at full throttle, under the boost the car will start to pull then start misfiring/backfiring! let me know if that helps at all?
Old 08-08-2003, 06:02 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

I just don't understand how smoke would come out of an o2 sensor. If you shorted the wires it would smoke for a second, but there isn't really anything in the o2 sensor that would give off smoke.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say maybe you meant your o2 housing is giving off smoke?
Old 08-08-2003, 11:20 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

sorry-
went out of town!

what do you plugs look like? what is the condition of the 02? there's still some unknowns here such as cap/rotor condition and fuel filter condition. oh! and how are your plug wires?
how many psi are you running?

Last edited by ToyotaTechGeek; 08-08-2003 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:59 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

Are you leaking fluid onto your manifold, or perhaps you have an exhaust leak there.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:01 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

Default yo

Originally posted by ToyotaTechGeek
sorry-
went out of town!

what do you plugs look like? what is the condition of the 02? there's still some unknowns here such as cap/rotor condition and fuel filter condition. oh! and how are your plug wires?
how many psi are you running?
i have brand new plugs, fuel filter, o2 sensor. and all that good stuff. well the other day my downpipe was completely cracked almost in 2 peices. i got it rewelded hoping for more torque but got no difference sep the o2 sensor *housing on my dp smoking!(sorry heat) well i had my boost at 12 but i turned it down to as far as my boost controller will let me which i think is around 7psi and it ran better. (on the stock boost guage it reaches about 3/4 of the way so i guess 7psi) well it seems like the more i drive it, the better it drives! i still feel like i don't have as much torque as i should. i'll be at kmart area tonight if anybody wants to listen to the two and give me your opinion! later guys!

Quick Reply: mr2 turbo problem