Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mr.Gaskets Honda GX20 longblock?

Old 02-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c9v9c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr.Gaskets Honda GX20 longblock?

Mr.Gaskets Honda GX20 longblock?-i_520165_sw_1.gif
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...D:100000303726
What do you guys think? Is this a good swap for all-motor apps.? Because you figure, a gs-r swap $3000 plus a turbo kit $3200 plus get the gs-r swap built to handle more horsepower you are talking at least $8000 to $10000. Right? I just want to hear opinions. I really want to built a gs-r swap for forced induction but, I came across this longblock and wonder how good it might be?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:01 PM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul
Default Re: Mr.Gaskets Honda GX20 longblock?

Originally Posted by c9v9c
Attachment 27080
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...D:100000303726
What do you guys think? Is this a good swap for all-motor apps.? Because you figure, a gs-r swap $3000 plus a turbo kit $3200 plus get the gs-r swap built to handle more horsepower you are talking at least $8000 to $10000. Right? I just want to hear opinions. I really want to built a gs-r swap for forced induction but, I came across this longblock and wonder how good it might be?

In my experience. Anything named with an "active" adjective never lives up to its name. So the fact that they have named this item "The Beast" kind of makes me think it won't be.

Although, I have really only in the past applied this to electronics purchases, I am sure it is applicable elsewhere as well.

Pauls Rules of Purchasing Electronics

Never Buy any Electronic with the words Super, or Deluxe in the title. Also avoid items with the prefix Mega.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Paul
In my experience. Anything named with an "active" adjective never lives up to its name. So the fact that they have named this item "The Beast" kind of makes me think it won't be.

Although, I have really only in the past applied this to electronics purchases, I am sure it is applicable elsewhere as well.

Pauls Rules of Purchasing Electronics

Never Buy any Electronic with the words Super, or Deluxe in the title. Also avoid items with the prefix Mega.
This is very true!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Str8EJ has disabled reputation

$7g short block.
am i reading that right?

that's an aweful lot of engine to get to work and back.

at least it would be for me.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Str8EJ
$7g short block.
am i reading that right?

that's an aweful lot of engine to get to work and back.

at least it would be for me.
6g short block, 7g long block
Old 02-22-2006, 12:58 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

stupid.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a bad motor. Torque numbers are low as a bitch, but it is a honda. If you have the money to waste and don't feel like building your own motor, it's good. They spray on that bitch. Would be a quick little thing.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:57 PM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ

its a waste of money imo, the only real reason that thing cost 7g's is because of the warranty , but if youve got the money why not?

on that note if you want a built block buy one from -jg,endyn,benson, or erl they go from around 3000+ and can surely handle all the power you can take
Old 02-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

it's just like buying a chevy crate motor. sure you could make a little more or less power for a little more or less money. but for somone who doesn't want to bother with it i guess it's a good deal. i'm sure you could build a badass N/A motor for 6 g's. 270hp at the crank isn't bad at all but you have to ask what's left in the motor? how much room for improvement is there? how is the idle? are you going to need a full size radiator to keep it running cool. will you be able to run it well on pump gas? what kind of milage do you really expect with an 11.5 CR? you could probably build a fairly good GSR with a JRSC and make around the same power for the money with alot more room to make more power. or build a nitrous motor on the cheap that will easily put down those numbers.

the big question is do you wanna build a motor or do you wanna buy a built motor?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Banned

I have the resources and the know how to build a motor I was just weighing my options. I am focused on a b18c swap and building it to my specs. Plus I will know what is done to the motor. I was just seeing if someone could sway my option with this gx20 longblock. It is a good deal out of the box for high compression. However, I was sketchy on even thinking of this option. I have always been leaning towards a b18c.

Quick Reply: Mr.Gaskets Honda GX20 longblock?