Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

mix 'n match?

Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
RagPhoto.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough
Default mix 'n match?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i can understand, you can use any head and block combo as long as it is the same series. Example... a y8 head and y7 block can go together cause their both D series. Am i correct? Since a y8 motor has vtec than you would now have vtec(with new ecu i beleive) and some added HP cause a y8 puts out 20 more HP than a y7.

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I just want to know as much about motors as I can before I make a stupid mistake. Any information on this or any other random thing about honda motors you want to tell me is welcome as long as it's not negative. BTW... I want to stick with my SOHC motor as sort of a projeCT to see how fast i can make it.-don't tell me to get a b18 or k20 or anything like that.

Thanks.

My car-
99 Honda Civic DX
D16Y7 5SPD.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

joshuaa3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: mix 'n match?

yes you can and its called a mini me setup, you should also use the intake manifold from the y8

search honda-tech for tons of more info about it, you can try d-series.org also

ps. plan on adding a turbo also if you want to attempt to go fast. bolt ons on a d series are a waste of time and money
Old 05-14-2007, 07:34 PM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough
Default Re: mix 'n match?

Originally Posted by joshuaa3
yes you can and its called a mini me setup, you should also use the intake manifold from the y8

search honda-tech for tons of more info about it, you can try d-series.org also

ps. plan on adding a turbo also if you want to attempt to go fast. bolt ons on a d series are a waste of time and money
i actualy was planning on boosting. thanks for the help.