Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Miserable Failure

Old 01-27-2003, 10:42 AM
Iridium V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Miserable Failure

Well it's been a while since I've had the MG on the road, mostly due to the fact that it's been running like shit. I finally got it into the garage and ready to diagnose. I've been having idle and power problems lately and now I know why. I've been dealing with Malvern Racing in Charlottsville Virginia and I no longer recommend their products. As I was adjusting my idle in order to set the mixture I began to hear slappage. Well the keepers I purchased from malvern racing are CRAP. One set on intake valve piston 4 completely discintigrated and I dropped a valve. I checked and exhaust velve piston 2 is getting ready to do the same. I realize now that one of the reasons I was seeing lack of power was because the rocker arm wasn't able to put enough pressure on the valve to achieve full lift, which has now probably damaged a $700 rocker arm kit, bent a $300 set of pushrods, and totally fucked a $400 cam lifter combo. Life sucks right now but in a couple of months, she'll be back on the road faster than ever.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

shitty
Old 01-27-2003, 03:26 PM
mD5
back in ther vvti

mD5 is an unknown quantity at this point

time for a new project?
Old 01-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

That sucks, let me know if you ever need any help.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I'll see if I can post pictures of some shiz.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:45 AM
ZX2 Now RX7

TurboZX2 is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldnt be posting that shit right now.. i would be on my wayback to their store with my AR-15 in hand j/j

Seriously though.. you need to talk to those fools.. try to get a refund or something... especially if they installed the shit.