Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

mini me swap

Old 04-13-2008, 09:54 AM
fabricating is fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mini me swap

well i just did a lot of searching on the net for a good write up on a mini me. well i found alot of good sites and write ups but the problem that i have is that a lot of people are converting theirs over to obd1. i would like to keep obd2. i have a z6 head but a p2n ecu. the question is do i have to have a knock sensor for that computer. and does an obd1 vtec solenoid work on the obd2 oil sensor. thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 01:48 PM
fabricating is fun

Default Re: mini me swap

never mind i have found that the p2n ecu is the hx which is for gas milage vtec engines.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

parsons_04 is an unknown quantity at this point

still need some info

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32971

this guy did it with the obd1 computer. he said that you have to run a knock sensor for obd2 compatibility. but i dont think that y8 motors have knock sensor anyway. if im wrong please lmk

Last edited by parsons_04; 04-14-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:59 AM
fabricating is fun

i dont want to swap the computer. i was looking at the wiring for the y8 and it doesnt show a knock sensor. i down loaded a manual from hondahookups and its not in there
Old 04-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Holy $h!t its gold

hybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these parts

y8 has a knock sensor on it
Old 04-14-2008, 06:35 AM
fabricating is fun

so does that mean that i have to use one. where is the wiring diagram that i can use.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Holy $h!t its gold

hybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these parts

if the engine the ecu is for doesnt have a knock sensor then you dont have to run one.
not to sure on the diagram i work at honda so i have access to the manuals
Old 04-14-2008, 09:02 AM
fabricating is fun

well i just did a lot of reading and looking at the wiring for my car compared to the ex model and found everything i needed. the y8 blocks and the y7 are the same and there is a spot for the ks on the y7. you just run the wire to d6 on the ecu. i just hope that will work even on the z6 head. no the only thing that i really have is can i run a y8 vtec solenoid on a z6 head. along with the iacv. y8 iacv on the z6 head?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Holy $h!t its gold

iacv should work possible it may be off just a little bit but they look the same
Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 AM
fabricating is fun

what about the solenoid

Quick Reply: mini me swap