Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mini Me

Old 03-30-2009, 04:21 AM
Zombies found Waldo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie
Default Mini Me

I want to do a mini me swap. I was looking at buying the injector harnesses on ebay and asked to make sure I could use it for my car. Well he sends me this and really confuses the bejesus out of me. The part that is confusing to me is in bold...

you can go obd1 manifold and stay obdo if you use an obd0 dizzy and ecu. the only things that have to match are the distributor and ecu. a nice upgrade to consider would be a d16z6 manifold with a d16a6 dizzy and pm6 ecu. with that you dont have to worry about gettin a resistor box for injectors and you can remove the mapsensor/purge control from firewall which looks nicer caseu there are less vaccum lines. the benefit of goin with the z6 manifold off the bat is if you do decide to go obd1 in the future its less money you have to spend on buying 2 manifolds. but id recomend skipping the middle man so to speak since the obd1 intake manifold will work with obd0 ecu. thats exactly what im using right now. another benefit of the d16zg intake manifold is the bigger b-series throttle bodies bolt up to them which is not possible with the obd0 si manifold.
I am confused because, all three of those items (D16z6 manifold, D16z6 dizzy, and PM6 ECU) are obd1 right? so wouldn't I have to upgrade to OBD1? I have tried searching, but I dont really know what to type in the search field for this specific question.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: Mini Me

He says to use a d16a6...see the "a" in that statement? That is an obd0 dizzy. I thought PM6 ECU's came mostly out of CRX's...so they would be obd0 too.

You can find it if you look it up on honda-tech.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:34 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

.....that thing never said to use anything thats a z6 except for the manifold. you retain ur dizzy and upgrade to a vtec ecu with a obd0 to obd1 converter. you are making a beginner swap alot harder than it really is.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
.....that thing never said to use anything thats a z6 except for the manifold. you retain ur dizzy and upgrade to a vtec ecu with a obd0 to obd1 converter. you are making a beginner swap alot harder than it really is.
Yeah, I'm sure your right. I don't have any honda buddies, and this is my only transportation. If I tear it all done and it doesn't work I will be screwed. Just trying to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks for taking the time. It makes sense now. Guess I just read the and D16z6 and got confused.

Last edited by buugiewuugie; 03-30-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

PM6s can be converted to VTEC, you just have to find someone (or someplace) that can do that for you. TurboEdit (kinda like Crome for OBD0 ECUs) has the features to be able to use one of the unused auto tranny lockup solenoid outputs and turn it into a VTEC output. A few parts have to be added inside the ECU, but it's pretty simple.
I used to do that conversion a lot for Z6 and Mini-me swaps but I don't touch Honda stuff any more.

But yeah, you could use an OBD1 P28 for what you need instead.