Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Might need a custom exhaust solution

Old 07-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swift996 has disabled reputation
Default Might need a custom exhaust solution

Have a Turbo GS-R that currently has custom 3" piping from the down pipe back to the rear axle. No Cat/Muffler. The rich smell annoys me and probably Al Gore too lol. I'm currently trying to sell the car, but if I do keep it what are my options?

I want 3" Piping with a Cat, and an OEM muffler or stock like muffler. I know I will loose power, but I'm just not into the tuning scene so I like my cars stock like. Anyways, I'm not looking to spend a lot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon
Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Might need a custom exhaust solution

why dont you just have one made for the car. you can put the down pipe into a high flow cat then get like a 40 series muffler. put the 40 series in the stock location. then run a tip off that. you can still keep the 3". you already have the 3" piping just cut a section off the front to install the cat then add the muffler to the rear and call it good. the section you cut off the front can be the tip and paint it black so its not flashy.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:39 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Might need a custom exhaust solution

Originally Posted by swift996
Have a Turbo GS-R that currently has custom 3" piping from the down pipe back to the rear axle. No Cat/Muffler. The rich smell annoys me and probably Al Gore too lol. I'm currently trying to sell the car, but if I do keep it what are my options?

I want 3" Piping with a Cat, and an OEM muffler or stock like muffler. I know I will loose power, but I'm just not into the tuning scene so I like my cars stock like. Anyways, I'm not looking to spend a lot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon
This isn't hard... If its turbo, use a large 3" magnaflow, a 3" cat, and some resonators.