Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ls vtech or GSR?

Old 10-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Asshole Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: ls vtech or GSR?

Thanks Jay, I was too damn lazy to type all of that out. lol
Old 10-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

edit.

Last edited by gear; 10-02-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

edit.

Last edited by gear; 10-02-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:42 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Repeating things you hear intelligent people say, or in this case, Gear, reposting what somebody else wrote, does not mean you know what you are talking about.

Just curious, how many engines have you built?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

im simply stating that, in writing/on paper/in theoretics...its a bad idea. His question was LSvtec or gsr. My vote is with gsr...I havent built any engines...the long post simply was replying to the ignorant comment that I havent done my research.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:59 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Your reading materials and theory only tell a portion of the story. I guess the simple answer to this on going question is this: If you believe the above information, then you don't understand engine design and engine theory so an LS/Vtec is probably not for you. But if you look back through this thread, there are several intelligent and EXPERIENCED people telling you that it does in fact work, it can if fact be reliable, and it makes a ton of power.

Last edited by JayDM; 10-02-2004 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:23 PM
ballslickem!

BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix

I am editing this post due to resolved conflict!

Last edited by BrokeAssCrix; 10-02-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

i wont give you the satisfaction...

i guess ive been misinformed. sorry.

Last edited by gear; 10-02-2004 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:48 PM
ballslickem!

BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix BrokeAssCrix

apology acepted.no hard feelings!
Old 10-03-2004, 06:51 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Every LS/VTEC is different, due to poor lubrication to the pistons at high rpm's and weaker rods there is no way to predict how long one will last on stock internals. Alot of it will have to do with your driving habits. If you listen to everyone who took the time to give advice to a topic that has been asked 1.000,000 times, you will build the ls/vtec. However if you want a motor designed from the factory to last and still make great power, go with the gsr. And yes you will pay an arm and a leg for a gsr block though. I had a ls built for ls/vtec and the block was done wrong, so i had to drop $800 for my gsr block, but to be honest I'm glad I went with a gsr block. With the right mods it makes great power and so far I've used almost all OEM parts.

Quick Reply: ls vtech or GSR?