Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS/VTEC question

Old 08-19-2003, 01:32 PM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default LS/VTEC question

I have a B16 in my crx. I just recently picked up an LS block. WHat else would I need besides the crank to make an LS/VTEC. I want to freshen my B16 up before I boost it anyway and if I can build an LS/VTEC from similar money I'll do it. (by freshen up I mean sleeves, pistons, rods, bearings, etc etc). I'm unfamiliar with an LS/VTEC so help me out a little. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:36 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

you can start here.....
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/lsvtec/lsvtec.php
http://www.motormatrix.com/goleagvtecco.html
http://honda-tech.com/zerosearch

Last edited by split; 08-19-2003 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:40 PM
HHIC

Labor is no problem... Tucker's gonna take care of that. I'm talking strictly parts. oh yeah, you gotta check out the new crib too Rob....it's fatty
Old 08-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I thought you were anti-LS/VTEC?
Old 08-19-2003, 03:43 PM
HHIC

Yeah I was....kind of still am I guess. I still think for a street driven, everyday car it's not a good idea. If I do it, the CRX is end up not getting driven much. We'll see, I'm still deciding if I want to do it or not.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

1. New rod and main bearings. Please dont ask what kind ya need. they are different for every motor.
2. New head gasket, Oil pan gasket, rear main seal, Oil return gasket, oil filter
3. Thrust washers
4. fittings for running the external oil line.
5. You must have the entire rotating assembly balanced!!!!!!!
6. New VTEC Water pump.
7. New VTEC oil pump.
8. New VTEC Timing belt.
9. BE SURE TO MATCH THE WATER PUMP AND TIMING BELT. VTEC=VTEC and Non-vtec=Non-vtec. otherwise your car will
die a very painfull death.!
10. We both prefer ARP bolts to stock. Stock is usable but ARP is cheap insurance.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:19 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by VTECnology
Yeah I was....kind of still am I guess. I still think for a street driven, everyday car it's not a good idea. If I do it, the CRX is end up not getting driven much. We'll see, I'm still deciding if I want to do it or not.
I see. I think you should do it.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:32 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WYT R1CE
1. New rod and main bearings. Please dont ask what kind ya need. they are different for every motor.
2. New head gasket, Oil pan gasket, rear main seal, Oil return gasket, oil filter
3. Thrust washers
4. fittings for running the external oil line.
5. You must have the entire rotating assembly balanced!!!!!!!
6. New VTEC Water pump.
7. New VTEC oil pump.
8. New VTEC Timing belt.
9. BE SURE TO MATCH THE WATER PUMP AND TIMING BELT. VTEC=VTEC and Non-vtec=Non-vtec. otherwise your car will
die a very painfull death.!
10. We both prefer ARP bolts to stock. Stock is usable but ARP is cheap insurance.
I can get you the fittings and possibly oil line from supply for free.
Probably want to add pistons, valvetrain and cams and an ecu.....
but I'm sure you already knew that.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:20 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I would do it if you have the block already. It will cost you about the same to rebuild either block and you might as well go for more dissplacement in the process.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:29 AM
HHIC

Well I was going to build the B16 like I said. That means I was going to sleeve it, get pistons and rods, balance the crank and replace the bearings and stuff. If the only extra money I'd have to spend aside from small things is the crank which I think is around $750 maybe a little more, I might as well build an LS/VTEC. If anybody has any hookups with sleeves at all let me know. I think I might just do it. I'd have to get another fucking hood too wouldn't I? taller block....

Quick Reply: LS/VTEC question