Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS/VTEC losin top end power???

Old 07-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slow91crx has disabled reputation
Default LS/VTEC losin top end power???

When swap was first done it was all stock. 91 b18a1 ls bottom with 99 b16a2 head. ran strong but had to take apart because of oil leak from plug in head. Rebuilt the bottom and put P73 type r pistons on the ls rods. Also put type r cams in the head. when it was stock i had a p28 ecu runnin it and it ran fine but now with the new pistons and cams the ecu wont work. i have a p06 that was converted to dual cam and tuned by somethin called monotech for lsvtec with 2step. For some reason the car pulls hard in 1st and 2nd but 3rd and up it falls on its face. Would anyone know why this would be?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Registered member

Default Re: LS/VTEC losin top end power???

someone has to know somethin on this or what it might could be. i jus changed the cams and pistons.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Registered member

bump
Old 07-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It needs to be tuned. A stock P28 comes with a program for a D16Z6 (which is obviously not a B16) and who knows anything about the specs on the other P06. Basically you don't really know anything about how well either ECU will run that engine, so you have no idea whether the problem is the ECU or something else.

Don't bump your own thread like that. You don't need a bump two minutes after the previous bump.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered member

the p28 came out of a b16 civic. and why did it run it before. i ran a rsx type s on kpro and stayed beside it. now i have better pistons and cams and its slower
Old 07-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Maybe it's been chipped an tuned for a B16, I don't know. All I know is that a stock P28 isn't what you want to run a B16, period. You sound like you know as much about what you have as I do, which obviously isn't very much. Open up your ECU and see if it's been chipped. It really doesn't matter if the P28 came out of a B16 Civic, because it's not the right ECU for that engine unless the ECU has been chipped for that engine. A D16Z6 obviously isn't a B16, and it's not a big mental stretch to realize that the stock maps for a D16 aren't going to be the same as the stock maps for a B16..

You've changed cams, you've changed compression, and now you're wondering why it doesn't run as well. The simple answer is that you need a new tune, because the changes you made are fairly dramatic (especially if you don't know if the P28 is actually chipped to run that engine). The other answer is that you've damaged something during the engine reinstall or have something plugged in incorrectly.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered member

im have it put on the dyno and see where it is and then get it tuned. the tuned p06 is running it but not the right tune. I jus asked a simple question to see what people would say. i didnt ask for a cocky fag who thinks he knows it all. i have ran a damn p28 on a type r before and i know what car they come from. i have a stock ex coupe in the drive way. but thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Racetracks

What was it that you were actually asking, because it sounds like you already knew the answer....?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

sickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these partssickdime is infamous around these parts

i believe the FAG word was un warranted. just get your junk tuned and good luck.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

12345r has disabled reputation

i would say send the money and get a s300 and do it the right way but if ur money is hard then get a chrome chip and just tell them what u have and they will burn u a base map but i would do it the right way and get it tuned bc anytime ur running a base map u should not dog on ur car just bc theres a chance of hurting the motor go to inline pro 7034555805 and talk to them and see what they think they always helped me and tunned my cars

Quick Reply: LS/VTEC losin top end power???