Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS to vtec

Old 12-27-2003, 08:08 AM
aww wee lil import

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hitchhiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LS to vtec

right now i have a 2000 Acura Integra LS non-vtec....what all would i need to convert to vtec? how much money should i be lookin to put into it? thanks
Old 12-27-2003, 08:26 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

You need a VTEC head from a B series engine (ie. B16 head, B18c5 head). If you carefully put the work into it, you can have a decent LS/VTEC, but as most guys are going to tell you on here, its hard to do completely and totally right. Most people end up having problems, so dont expect it to be your DD unless its done right.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:34 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Not to be a dick but the search function works wonders.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:43 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally posted by 0psi
Not to be a dick but the search function works wonders.
LOL!! Well, it is a technical question, so it fits in.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

True but if he used the search function he would have found that the question has been asked and answered many times before. Just trying to help save some bandwidth.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:16 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

talk to pwrvtec. hes got a pretty nice/nasty ls vtec setup...

im sure 0psi *could* tell you all you need to know about it and more....
Old 12-27-2003, 10:17 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

whether or not he wants to.....well, thats a different story.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:21 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

How many people on here have one up and running successfully ( more than 10k miles on it)
Old 12-28-2003, 06:58 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Originally posted by gen4H22A
How many people on here have one up and running successfully ( more than 10k miles on it)

thats a badass question...cause ive heard of no actual people running on this...you always hear somebody say "oh my boys got it done...it runs good" I would like to hear somebodies first hand account...............
Old 12-28-2003, 07:53 AM
el Chingon

chorejas is an unknown quantity at this point

use to have ls/vtec like 2yrs ago. it was the biggest mistake i ever made. if you are gonna do it, make sure you build it right. if not just get a real VTEC motor. trust me. oh yeah and i ran on mine for like 10k miles before i sold it. a lot of highway miles though.

Quick Reply: LS to vtec