Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ls swap intake manifold issues

Old 01-03-2009, 08:45 AM
HAMBONE JONES...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
z31kid is on a distinguished road
Default ls swap intake manifold issues

alright so i decided to go ahead and change my manifold on my b18a1 block to a b18b1 manifold b/c a friend of mine said he had one available and Ive been told it was interchangable..so my friend of mine came over and went ahead and put it on for me..well we had the old one off and the new one on in no time...went to start it up and idling very high and surging...come to find out one problem was that i still had my sohc throttle cable so i know that could be one of my problems..another problem i had is coolant was leaking from some random spot and my boy blocked off the lines goin to the breather box.I also have a some sensor on drivers side of the maniold towards the the back end that is not connected either...i pretty much have a mess on my hands that my buddy pretty much up and left me hanging to dry to figure out on my own...Def need this car up and running...If anybody has any input besides NEVER LET FRIENDS WORK OTHER FRIENDS CARS type shit that would be helpful. IF pictures are needed I will definately take some..
Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

hey its me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ls swap intake manifold issues

take a picture...cause it might be the same problem that i had......for me the high surge would be the cause of the tps sensor and...check your iacv hoses make sure theyre properly clamped cause mine was leaking cause the thing that was holding it down wasnt on the solid part but the rubber .....well take a pic so well know much more whats going on
Old 01-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

it could also be the cause of the fast idle valve if the car keeps on going up in down in surge btw did you use the same throttle body
Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

slo88hatch has disabled reputation

Need to def find out where the coolant is coming from. Make sure all vacuum and coolant lines are correct. Check the iacv and try adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slo88hatch
Need to def find out where the coolant is coming from. Make sure all vacuum and coolant lines are correct. Check the iacv and try adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body.
x2 what he sid
Old 01-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by z31kid
I also have a some sensor on drivers side of the maniold towards the the back end that is not connected either...
Would that be the idle air control valve?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:38 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Would that be the idle air control valve?
what i was thining.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:15 PM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

i dont think they are interchangable.......they bolt up yes but the egr is diiferent like a little grenade and the coolant is supposed to run through..i think.... i wanted to swap mine back to the b18a1 mani and couldnt
Old 01-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

they should be interchangeable the only thing you cant use is a b16 manifold to a b18 head vice versa
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

ok heres wat you do...

1.. take your intake and look inside your throttle body thres should be a hole on the wall...lol not the big hole...... ]back to the topic.. block it with your finger but use a towel cause it will burn you... see if the idle stays down and the same cause it should...if not the adjust the fast idle valve....but the leaking is coming from the block on a nipple right aboove the breaether box that should be connected to the iac valve to one of those if theres none connected already but just to make sure is this wat yout talkin about

Quick Reply: ls swap intake manifold issues