Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ls swap in an 89 civic sedan

Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Fresh Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz
Default Ls swap in an 89 civic sedan

Was up. Ive been tryin to sell my 89 civic sedan for a while, but sense it has a body kit on it it didnt sell/trade. I recentlly came across an ls motor and cable tranny and for $300 i couldnt pass it up. Im going to rebuild it but what i need to know is what all to i need to complete the swap? its just a motor and tranny and it came out of a 90-91 integra.

Thanks

ps what is the best ecu for this swap
Old 04-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Banned

sive ick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ls swap in an 89 civic sedan

pm6 or ps9,in which case i have both,also you need to convert to mpfi,get the b series into ef mounts and shift linkages,90-91 axles and half shaft,then obd0 ls dizzy etc etc
Old 04-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

Hi Skuuu has disabled reputation

You will need the Integra hubs as well. A PR4 is best for the swap, since it is the DOHC Ecu meant for the LS. If you look in the forsale section, there is mounts and linkages for a B-series EF for sale, might wanna take a look at that.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Fresh Prince

Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz

Originally Posted by sive ick
pm6 or ps9,in which case i have both,also you need to convert to mpfi,get the b series into ef mounts and shift linkages,90-91 axles and half shaft,then obd0 ls dizzy etc etc

will the axles from the integra work? because i took those to when i got the swap
Old 04-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Fresh Prince

Oh yeah i forgot to tell yall that this is my first swap so, let me everything i need plz. ill work it out from there
Old 04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Akanuggetz
Oh yeah i forgot to tell yall that this is my first swap so, let me everything i need plz. ill work it out from there
Where are you located? I've done several swaps, I can lend a hand. I won't charge ya, I don't mind helping people out.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Fresh Prince

Gloucester but dont worry about it for know because i going to rebuild the motor because for 300 i just want to make sure it works, but when i get ready to start the swap im going to hit u up

thanks
Old 04-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Akanuggetz
Gloucester but dont worry about it for know because i going to rebuild the motor because for 300 i just want to make sure it works, but when i get ready to start the swap im going to hit u up

thanks
No problem, I'm sure I can find some swapping links for you if you want, but most of the times its better to just get in there with someone who knows what there doing to supervise. It's best to learn by doing it yourself and learning from your mistakes so its stuck in your head!