Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Lowering Springs or Coil Overs?

Old 04-16-2005, 05:33 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lowering Springs or Coil Overs?

Ok thanks for the help, i'll get a price on renting the tool, and compare the two.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:30 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by hondazccivic
Ok thanks for the help, i'll get a price on renting the tool, and compare the two.
most coil overs ride like shit! tein springs are a nice choice. i never use a spring compressor. i just use my impact and let her rip! i just lay the strut/spring combo on the ground and let it come apart. its alot easier putting the lowering springs back on because they tend to be a tad shorter when they are not compressed. id get a good set of struts such as kyb, koni, tokico or something compareable while i was replacing the springs. it would make things alot easier and would make the ride that much better as well. hmmm....well i suppose i gave my 2 cent hope this helps
Old 04-16-2005, 10:26 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Tein springs are meant just for dressup/styling more then performance. They have modest spring rates and a progressive design which makes them good for the street. Getting new struts is the key. At the very least i recommend KYB GR2's... they are more durable and ride better then stock struts on a budget. Coilovers are pretty much a waste unless you get a real all in one system like the Tein basic, or Omni power sport/streets. I would also recommend a camber kit in the front as well... youre gonna get crazy camber wear without one, especially on soft tires.

Adressing some of the misconceptions:
Springs ARE NOT softer...there are 29579285 brands with 8327498274982 springrates. This is like saying all people from the south love ford trucks and country music: just not true.