Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Lowering

Old 09-30-2007, 02:48 PM
War kittens?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
odu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these parts
Default Lowering

Can anyone help a noob on the basics of lowering! Coilovers vs. Lowering springs, everything I will need to buy, etc. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Re: Lowering

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbi...ion_bible.html

/thread
Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 PM
War kittens?

odu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these parts

Cheers mate, just what I'd been looking for.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
War kittens?

So what is the difference between coilovers and coilover sleeves performance wise? I want a cheap way to lower for now, untill I have enough for the full coilovers.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

You can buy springs and shocks seperate if you cant afford coilovers. Youll get the same performance on most cases but you wont have the adjustablility (i.e. rebound, compression, and ride height)

Id advise looking into Koni Yellows (shocks) and some type of "tein" or "eibach" spring.

There is a lot of options out there when it comes to piecing together a suspention.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
War kittens?

If I buy just the lowering springs, how quickly will it wear out my stock shocks? I've herad they wear down quickly, but what kind of time frame are we looking at?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Um...i coudnt tell you really...You can do it...but when you do, id advise to start saving for the shocks.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
War kittens?

Last question, i hope! How much should I look at lowering the car by? Everything is stock at the moment.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

in terms of inches or money?

What kind of car do you have?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 AM
War kittens?

I have a 2000 Integra. I was just trying to figure out in inches how much to drop by. It's a daily driver, so I don't want it slammed to the ground. The H&R Sport shocks seem to be a good amount of drop.

Quick Reply: Lowering