Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Lower Control Arm bolt

Old 12-08-2003, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
red sol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lower Control Arm bolt

I just bought a Neuspeed lower tie bar for my del sol and I just cannot get the passenger LCA bolt off. It's rusted through! How can I get it off without it breaking in half?
Old 12-08-2003, 09:26 PM
poop banana owns you

AllMotorModular is an unknown quantity at this point

spray it with WD40, and let it sit. that might help.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

PB Blaster is gonna be your best friend
Old 12-09-2003, 03:49 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

front or rear?

if it is rear ther really isn't nothing you can do it will probably snap common thing that is a pain in the ass with hondas. But try to PB blaster if that don't work fug it and snap it.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:59 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

hit it w/ pb blaster, leave it alone for a day. hit it the next day w/ pb blaster, drive it again for the day. the next day hit it and turn it out REALLY SLOW. if that doesnt help, it's not gonna come out period...youre just gonna snap the head off and gonna have to get it taken out at a machine shop...
Old 12-09-2003, 07:44 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

get an AIR HAMMER AND AN IMPACT, tighten and loosen several times with the impact and hit all around the control arm where the bolt sleeve is with the air hammer, it will loosen alot of the crap thats keeping the bolt from dislodging.........worked when i did it on jenns car, took 15 minutes for each side, but it didnt snap.........
Old 12-09-2003, 07:58 AM

OneHardMaro is an unknown quantity at this point

Heat. Just heat it up really good and turn it while hot. You can use the pb blaster to catch it on fire; that should get it pretty hot.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:00 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

haha, tite.........
Old 12-09-2003, 08:02 AM
//

theJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by sprack
PB Blaster is gonna be your best friend
good stuff right thurr. just make sure you don't force it too much, spray tons of it on and just let it sit for a while. when i did my coilovers, i usually tried tightening the bolt first to break the bond, then i used my breaker bar (hand tools owned me) and a pipe and voila.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:20 PM

red sol is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I'll try all the suggestions out. I pray it works.

Quick Reply: Lower Control Arm bolt