VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   In-Linepro turbo kits??? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/linepro-turbo-kits-6405/)

GsR_jB 02-03-2003 06:38 AM

In-Linepro turbo kits???

Are they real good quality turbo kits? Or just overpriced??
Would it be a big difference to just go with a drag3 kit or revhard or pay an additional 1k and purchase one of their custom kits? If anyone has any personal hands on exp or has one of these kits let me know. Thanks

EEK 02-03-2003 07:11 AM

there good quailty..but over priced alot of shops in other states sell there manifolds and headgaskets...well there kits let you go higher boost with stock internals so i saw go with theres...i know they quoted my boy at 6k for kit and install plus tuning

GsR_jB 02-03-2003 07:23 AM

Yea they say their kits can boost 11psi on stock internals daily. Wow? =) We'll see.......=T

EEK 02-03-2003 07:39 AM

i believe stan was doin 22 at the track

zappas 02-03-2003 07:41 AM

how is that even possible? all internals are still the same?!?!

GsR_jB 02-03-2003 07:42 AM

Yea I heard somehting like STan doing 22psi until it finally gave in. Crazy shit ain't it?

EEK 02-03-2003 07:45 AM

22psi stock bottem end and i think stock head just inline head gasket..he was running 11.20's full itnerior all day long...he did go thru 2 motors though

GsR_jB 02-03-2003 07:50 AM

I was thinking maybe just get a drag 3 kit and replace the manifold and headgasket with inlinepro? Its whatever though just need to get the car up and running first. =T

EEK 02-03-2003 08:01 AM

drag manifolds suck cock...they crack way to easy

zappas 02-03-2003 08:02 AM

how can you boost 22 psi on a stock internals?

with any turbo kit

GsR_jB 02-03-2003 08:04 AM

Well they've done it.....and all their customers with their related setups boost 11-12psi on stock block/internals daily driven also.

EEK 02-03-2003 08:12 AM

Originally posted by zappas

with any turbo kit

all the inline heads drive around 10-12psi daily and 22 at the track...and i think when stan was doing that all he had was a safc or vafc and street tuning

zappas 02-03-2003 08:13 AM

inline heads? does that mean you buy a head from them? or what?

cause if I could boost that much on mine...which i know i cant...i sure as hell would!!

GsR_jB 02-03-2003 08:14 AM

inline heads..he means pple from inline pro

zappas 02-03-2003 08:36 AM

gotcha

Big 16GSX 02-03-2003 10:14 AM

if youre in northern VA then i say go with the inline kit. They are pretty good about helping you out after they install something if something goes wrong. I rode in stans silver hatch when he still had it and wow, that thing was fast. It threw me back in my seat at 11psi starting in 2nd gear from a stop.

GsR_jB 02-03-2003 10:51 AM

I mean their kits run like 3600...is it worth the extra money so you are saying? I mean i'm sure if you took a drag kit or rev hard they would be helpful after the install if you occured any problems no?

UltraJZA80 02-03-2003 01:01 PM

inline heads? does that mean you buy a head from them? or what?

cause if I could boost that much on mine...which i know i cant...i sure as hell would!!

It's their headgasket that lowers the compresion, that let's them run the higher boost levels...But I've seen some of their work and it's shitty...:barf:

MORE IMPATIENT 02-03-2003 04:36 PM

granted you lower compression and run more boost but if you take like an ls motor and put one of there headgaskets on it and lower the compression a full point like they say it does and run 20 psi, your gonna be lucky to make just over what a stock blocked ls with 12 psi would make, compression and boost make all the difference, you lower that compression, you need more boost to make up the power when you could have left it alone and boosted 12 psi and made the same amount of power........inline pro has fast cars but otherwise there work on other peoples cars are junk........

zappas 02-03-2003 05:08 PM

thats all i needed to know.

Dr. On Point 02-03-2003 09:30 PM

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
granted you lower compression and run more boost but if you take like an ls motor and put one of there headgaskets on it and lower the compression a full point like they say it does and run 20 psi, your gonna be lucky to make just over what a stock blocked ls with 12 psi would make, compression and boost make all the difference, you lower that compression, you need more boost to make up the power when you could have left it alone and boosted 12 psi and made the same amount of power........inline pro has fast cars but otherwise there work on other peoples cars are junk........

Do you even know what you are talking about? The work they do on cars is shitty? The do the cleanest shit around here, period, end of dscussion. You obviously have no idea of what u are talking about saying they do shitty work. They are the most professioal shop out there. and no I am not a dick riding InlinePro Sgroupie cause I know they are out there (By the way I do my own work).

The reason these InlinePro cars run so much bost is becase:
1-they are tuned right
2-they have enough fuel too un high boost
3-when they run high amounts of boost its on RACE GAS, not 94 octane
4-They have low compression headgaskets (vtec motors do)
5-Its the trbo size they use as well

"Yea I heard somehting like STan doing 22psi until it finally gave in. Crazy shit ain't it?"

Stan never blew his shit up, get ur facts straight. The car is up in New Jersey and I believe it is still runnig strong

Yes Drag manifolds suck!

And the reason Inline charges so much is because they can and people will willingly pay for InlinePro to work on their car.

---If anyone in NOVA needs a turbo kit gimme a Holla. I got a cruicial one I am tring to get rid of right now.

****TO SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD -- PLEASE GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT AND DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING A COMPLETE BULLHIT RESPONSE****

UltraJZA80 02-04-2003 02:50 AM

Originally posted by Dr. On Point
Do you even know what you are talking about? The work they do on cars is shitty? The do the cleanest shit around here, period, end of dscussion. You obviously have no idea of what u are talking about saying they do shitty work. They are the most professioal shop out there.
You can say whatever you want, but i've seen a couple of cars that were dropped off there for swaps and turbo installs that came back looking like SHIT. The wires were all over the place, connections were coming apart from, and kits the car ran like crap. If that's you're Idea of a "professional" then go ahead and let them do your work, but otherwise ....

I'M HERE TO WARN THIS GUY...NOT ARGUE WITH YOU.

They may have gotten better because this was a few years back but if they let JUNK out then what's to stop them now????

mpg9999 02-04-2003 03:48 AM

with any turbo kit

Easy, you get an sr20.

EEK 02-04-2003 05:25 AM

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT

our white ls hatch ran the inline set up when it ran the ef with the ls v-t when we came down...that was a good run:D

EEK 02-04-2003 05:27 AM

Originally posted by UltraJZA80

They may have gotten better because this was a few years back but if they let JUNK out then what's to stop them now????

I agree with this...they have sold us fucked up motors and turbo's..and they couldnt tune my boys si...but that was before they had a dyno

GsR_jB 02-04-2003 05:29 AM

Dr. point what kinda kit you selling?

Dr. On Point 02-04-2003 07:38 AM

"have sold us fucked up motors and turbo's"

I honestly dont believe this statement one bit... and whos us? you "CREW"?

GsR_jB I sent u a PM

EEK 02-04-2003 07:40 AM

"have sold us fucked up motors and turbo's"

I honestly dont believe this statement one bit... and whos us? you "CREW"?

GsR_jB I sent u a PM

well 2 motors we bought had really bad trannys my bad bout coming off hard...then you can ask stan he sold my boy kiet a blown turbo the first kit he bought from them..but i dont think they new the turbo was blown

IJSaul 02-04-2003 11:24 AM

Do they have a website?

MORE IMPATIENT 02-04-2003 12:54 PM

Do you even know what you are talking about? The work they do on cars is shitty? The do the cleanest shit around here, period, end of dscussion. You obviously have no idea of what u are talking about saying they do shitty work
damn bitch calm down, like ultrajza80 said they may have gotten better, but the last time i saw a car with an inline setup in it the install just looked like junk in a can, they may do the cleanest work around there, but down here its a different story, the shit i put in my car is cleaner than that shit, and dont sit there and try and tell me that your gonna make a shit load more power than me on a ls motor with 8.2.1 compresison and 20 psi compared to my 9.2.1 motor on 12-15 psi with a stock head gasket cause your not, im not sure if this guy was talking about running on race gas and what not but im pretty sure he wants to run a street setup, and like i said, inline pro has fast ass fucking cars, never doubted that but i wouldnt buy shit from them except maybe a manifold cause, yes, drag manifolds do suck......

dahatch 02-05-2003 06:02 PM

inline

hers what i think of inline there prety cool guys to race with they do build fast cars but there views on tuning are totaly diferant than are own views. they like low compresion so they must have good luck with it we like it a little high its just a matter of opinion. a 9.1 compresion is a good street compresion for a normal person in my eyes any thing lower is a waste of time it takes to much boost to make good power. there head gasket is good for the blig blig icy hot stunas who just whana say they boost 20 psi witch lets face it thats 80% of the import crowd it allso helps cover there ass so when mr blig bling puts 87 octain in his car hes not on there door step the next day with a broke ring lands.inlines turbo kit does seem nice but is $$$ i like the new rev hard kit but is allso $$ the drag kit sucks. so to make a long story short fuck turbo cars they suck

dahatch 02-05-2003 06:04 PM

inline

never mind

94b18c1 02-06-2003 02:51 AM

does inline have a website?

94b18c1 02-06-2003 02:55 AM

i thought lowering the compresion would save the motor while doing high boost

1FSTCAR 02-06-2003 08:16 PM

Type-R racing turbo kits on 93octane and 14lbs of boost makes 370hp on stock motors. =)

GsR_jB 02-06-2003 10:49 PM

And how much are Type r racing turbo kits and what does it consist of?

99slowlst 02-07-2003 04:48 AM

the kit should consist of the same basic things most other turbo kits come with....

and rev hard makes some decent kits, but i will say this. if anyone claims a kit is a simple bolt on kit, theyre lying to you. better learn how to cut and weld.
(but thats all part of the fun...)

MORE IMPATIENT 02-07-2003 08:27 AM

Originally posted by 99slowlst
the kit should consist of the same basic things most other turbo kits come with....

and rev hard makes some decent kits, but i will say this. if anyone claims a kit is a simple bolt on kit, theyre lying to you. better learn how to cut and weld.
(but thats all part of the fun...)

haha, your damn skippy, putting the kit on my car everything actually lines up perfectly and i didnt have to weld anything but we damn sure had to cut the fuck out of the block to make the turbo fit, i mean we took like 3 inches of metal off of there to make it fit, hahah, but everything else went perfectly.........

Dr. On Point 02-07-2003 11:06 AM

mine fit perfect.....:)

Boosted2003 02-07-2003 05:37 PM

well eek how mcuh u get the turbo for it was really cheap then thats why