Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Kaaz LSD problem

Old 02-07-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tatmonster has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kaaz LSD problem

Originally Posted by Shaminii
Sounds normal to me. Get used to it and quit being a bitch.
haha.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

disisaghettosn is on a distinguished road

thanks for the help everyone, i bought it used for cheep. from all the replies it sounds normal. You could really feel and hear it so i was a little worried.

and Shaminii your so funny!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
LOL...a OBX LSD, are you kidding me?

Buy a Quaife if you want a good helical diff.
If you knew how helical LSD's worked, you would know that your post makes no sense.

The most basic difference between the OBX and Quaife is that the OBX does not typically have the belleville washers stacked properly to allow for maximum preload/noise control of the diff the Quaife does.

are you kidding me? You should do some research there buddy. People making over 600hp on them, no problems, So what the fuck is their to laugh about? except your ignorance to the product. Version 9.2 owns. No bevel edge problem. But hey, I could care less...I guess you dont know who Bone is??? or Tranzex. Hes just the honda transmission god....Weird how has taken both LSD's apart Quaife, and OBX...And they are the same product. weird. You canpay $600 more than a OBX lsd cost, Doesnt bother me. Get them richer. And ill be using my big ass slicks that I got with my extra $600 I didnt have to spend for a name brand LSD to impress my friends. Maybe you didnt know. Its who crosses the line first.

Edit: transzex
FAMILY MEMBER #0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

those washers are not for preload, only noise control.

TorSen style diff need no preloading.

Reason #1 I've never bothered to open a OBX, just checked to be sure the bolts are tight.

I've installed over 20 so far, not keeping track anymore.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
RIP Vinny Changet, Stangbangerz founder

Last edited by DecentCivicZ6; 02-07-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

You sure showed me. The diffs they make for 240s suck ass, most of the products they make suck ass, so I could only assume it was the same across the board.

He hasn't bothered to crack one open? That doesn't sound like "exactly the same insides of a quaife". Things can look the same all they want, it is where the parts are made and the way they're put together that matter. There is a reason Quaifes cost more...it isn't just a brand name. That makes no sense, why would OBX offer a product for that much cheaper if they could charge more for it. Probably because they outsource all of their production and therefore get it made cheaper with cheaper parts, thus making a cheaper product.

If it's all about getting across the line first why the fuck are you driving a honda civic?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned

yeah yeah excuse excuses, you have nothing to back up anything, Im at work and linked you up with shit, wait till i get home, i have alotto back my truth. And since when did cars race with bikes, or karts race in nascar, or runner race against Bikes. IOW WHAT THE FUCK does it make a diff what car it is....if you cross the linefirst in your class....stfu...my honda woukld pwn ur yota. or w/e u have, thats all that matters,.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'm going to have to agree, just because something looks similar doesn't mean it's the same quality. I know that OBX LSDs work just fine for street cars (but what does making 600 HP have to do with how well an LSD actually does it's job??).

There's a lot more to what an LSD does than just not breaking. I'm sure if all you care about is drag racing or normal street driving, the OBX unit is perfectly fine and a good deal for the money. If you actually want a decent LSD, you buy a decent LSD. A non-adjustable LSD is pretty much worthless if you're actually using the LSD for something involving cornering, unless you're not pushing the car hard enough to make a difference. So yes, if you don't need the performance of a Quaife, etc., an OBX unit is fine. For a street car, I'd take the OBX and save money; you really shouldn't be hammering the corners that hard on public streets. Who cares about a straight line, any paperweight LSD would work fine for that simple job.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned

Think what you want. I could care less. Ive already said im the one saying $600.

edit just read your post above....I know a few people using it in autox...they love it...say the outside pulls hard as hell. I dont intend using mine on corners at all. the OBX is perfect for drag. it works 100%....hell you dont even NEEEEED a lsd lol.....i know a guy ran mid 11s on stock susp, stock open diff D16z6 boosted.

Last edited by DecentCivicZ6; 02-12-2008 at 10:12 AM.