Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ka24de sheyot

Old 04-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
svndustdude05 has disabled reputation
Default ka24de sheyot

whats going on. i just receantly refreshed a ka24de out of a 93 240sx. i replaced the head and all of the timing components. pretty much went to start it yesterday for the first time and it started right up and then died. i started toying with the dizzy to try and advance as well as retard the timing on it. of course after running and then putting until it died it flooded the engine. so i finally get it started again and the revs junped all the way up around 4 k so i got my buddy to retard it a lil bit and then it died again. i cant seem to figure it out. it was doing some back firing the second time around so i immediatly checked the cam gears to make sure all my marks were right for timing, which is second mark on the crank pulley and the first lobe of both cams facing outward of each other . isnt this correct? its def getting fuel and spark, im lost. anyone got any ideas?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

turbomigo has disabled reputation
Default Re: ka24de sheyot

TTT
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: ka24de sheyot

Have you checked your TPS, MAF, and IACV sensors? Or is this a motor you took apart IN the car it is in now? If that is the case....you may have to take it apart to make sure your timing chain lined up properly through out the whole motor. I know it is hard because it is a chain, but they can slip a tooth upon installation. If that is not possible...IE you checked it like 8 times before you sealed it back up I am not sure, I have not messed w/ the engines mechanically enough to give you advise on that.

PS - KA-T.org is your friend.