Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

just bought my first turbocharged car and now i'm confused

Old 08-01-2010, 11:58 AM
i can take danger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sickmazdasix has disabled reputation
Default Re: just bought my first turbocharged car and now i'm confused

its an aftermarket turbo tho.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:11 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

and you made an appointment to get your oil changed??

you need to go lease a car,that way when something goes wrong its covered and you get a nice new rental to drive till its fixed...

change your own oil..takes 5 minutes
Old 08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
i can take danger

i have no where to change my oil at. i would do it at my aprtment complex but they don't allow that kind of stuff to go down.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Shoryuken!

Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95

Originally Posted by grant90
If you check your oil cap and it looks milky you could be burning coolant.
#1 on your to-do list.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
It's also likely that the seals in the turbo are shot and you're probably leaking a little oil into the exhaust.
#2 on your to-do list. Unbolt the downpipe from the turbine housing, and check for excessive oil deposits at the entrance of the pipe, & the exit of the turbine housing.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sickmazdasix
Hey I bought a 1994 Toyota Celica ST and it has a T3/T4 turbo running 8 psi. The car had been sitting for about a month while he was trying to sell it and was working on a different car. Well the car has white smoke coming from the exhaust. I've never owned a turbocharged car so i am assuming it needs new oil. Am I in over my head? Should I sell this thing to someone who knows more about turbo's than I do? The guy I bought from said the oil had built up on the servo and it's just burning it off. What the hell is a servo? The car is sitting in my parking lot cuz im embarassed to drive it due to the smoke. Please help!
Give us a call. And schedule the car to come in, we can diagnose the issue. 804-525-6738
Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
i can take danger

i have googled the problem and only see bad news. im pretty pissed because i bought the car saturday and its already fucked up. i've driven it for a total of 20 minutes. i don't have the money right now to be fixing a car that some guy sold me with the belief that there was nothing wrong with it. fuck.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

Originally Posted by sickmazdasix
i have googled the problem and only see bad news. im pretty pissed because i bought the car saturday and its already fucked up. i've driven it for a total of 20 minutes. i don't have the money right now to be fixing a car that some guy sold me with the belief that there was nothing wrong with it. fuck.
That's why you never take someone's word for it. Either bring a mechanically-inclined friend with you or bring it to a trusted mechanic before purchasing. 80% of the people are going to tell you that nothing is wrong with the car if they think you're naive about cars. Especially with Honda's. Almost everyone says "Oh, it's got 210k on the odometer, but the engine only has 80k." Yeah... right.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:58 PM
i can take danger

just my luck
Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 PM
i can take danger

i checked the oil cap and it looked normal.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

1: Loosen oil cap. Look underneath. Check for creamy gunk inside the cap itself, in a consistency similar to a milkshake. Indicator that coolant and oil are intermixing = Blown Head Gasket (BHG).

2: Start car, let idle for 5 ~ 6 minutes. Shut off car. Let car cool down enough so that radiator can be touched. Loosen radiator cap. Inhale just enough to catch a whiff of the ambient fumes at the top. If you smell exhaust fumes or gasoline in the coolant = possible Blown Head Gasket (BHG).

3: CHANGE THE OIL.

4: Do a compression test on the cylinders. Test results should be between 5~15 of one another. If a cylinder is WAY OFF from the others, integrity to the cylinder could be compromised allowing coolant to leak in the valves = BHG.

5: Do a radiator leak test. If the radiator has weakened or open areas, coolant will escape from the engine and eventually cause the block to warp due to inconsistant cooling = BHG.

6: Go through the engine bay and check ALL hoses for splitting or fluid/spray. Check chassis under and around engine for oil gunk and wet coolant, highlighting problem areas for hose/seal replacement. Clean the engine bay and check for further leaks after it has dried by placing cardboard under the car and run it for about 10 minutes.

Last edited by White Devil; 08-02-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Quick Reply: just bought my first turbocharged car and now i'm confused