Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

just bought car need help

Old 09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I <3 757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to all
Default just bought car need help

Ok, so today i picked up my 90 ef hatch w/ b20b swap and sofar so good, until now. For some reason when I push in the clutch the car yanks to the right, kinda hard, when i release the clutch it catches and comes back. Also when I try to turn right, same thing. Also I looked at my car when it was parked and it seems the front passenger side tire is turning at more of an angle then my driver side. Please help just got it today and this is what I get lol any ideas?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas
Default Re: just bought car need help

get the front end aligned.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Speak&amp;Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

get a four wheel alignment, a front wheel alignment i just stupid and a waste of money. you true up the front and if the back is off you will have tire cupping and itcan still pull
Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

type.r_eghatch has disabled reputation

If it's the blue one with the blue valve cover it know the throttle sticks somewhat on it....
Old 09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I <3 757

ridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to all

Yeah, figured that out, sucks I have a signed paper from his future wife saying I bought and paid for a car with coilovers......after a closer look its lowered on neuspeed springs, not coilovers, and the rims I got out of it are shit, only 2 mr2 rims had OK tires and two steelies had I guess driveable tires. I'll give him a call tomorrow and be like look you need to either give me some money back or fix my shit lol or some coilovers would be nice : ]
Old 09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
I <3 757

ok update*

I straightened up the tires, they look perfect. Now when I turn them the drivers side turns normal, and the other tire looks like its pushed back and way more turned, to the point that its rubbing and stopping. ( o ) = normal tire (o ) tire when turned on passenger side. its wierd though because when i straighten it up its fine.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ridinboost757
Yeah, figured that out, sucks I have a signed paper from his future wife saying I bought and paid for a car with coilovers......after a closer look its lowered on neuspeed springs, not coilovers, and the rims I got out of it are shit, only 2 mr2 rims had OK tires and two steelies had I guess driveable tires. I'll give him a call tomorrow and be like look you need to either give me some money back or fix my shit lol or some coilovers would be nice : ]

Damn dude that blows man. ALWAYS inspect the car top to bottom before you buy. I know the dude that was trying to sell it and i was like your crazy thinkin your gonna get 3500 for it lol. It used to be my friends car before that dude got it, and the swap was really doen by inline pro. It's a really reliable car also, ran a 15.2 at the track.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Hey man if you don't want the car my boy has a DA for trade if interested....
Old 09-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you located?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

Where is who located?? me or OP