Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

jrsc or turbo

Old 04-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned
Default jrsc or turbo

I am looking to either turbo my b16a2 or supercharge it and wanted some opinions from people on here and help me make my decision on what set up to use on my car. I drag race this car at a 1/8 a mile track just to let you guys know so let me know please thanks.

Or would a nitrous kit be best.

Last edited by steggun revned; 04-12-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: jrsc or turbo

turbo for drag........
Old 04-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Registered member

00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts

i love the sound of a bov go turbo
Old 04-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Registered Member

iceguyb14 has disabled reputation

turbo. more adjustability, room to grow later on, and just better in general
Old 04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 00civicman
i love the sound of a bov go turbo
... wow well that settles it...

Either one your going to notice a gain in power... but being turbo gives you alot of room to grow.. as stated above... Ive been in some Supercharged B-series cars and I wasnt impressed at all. Just think about your power goal and which one would reach that goal easier.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

iceguyb14 has disabled reputation

boost is addicting. everyone i know who gets a turbo/supercharged car eventually gets used to it and wants more power. with a turbo you can easily up the boost (til you reach the engines limits). with a superchager, you need different pulleys, and belts. just a lot more adjustability with a turbo.

i know i thought my car was so fast when i went from 140whp to 195whp.. then i got used to it. then i upped it to 230whp.. and it felt fast.. then i got used to it. then i upped it to 250whp.. and it felt fast.. now im used to it.. lol
Old 04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

Originally Posted by 8====D
;5177585Ive been in some Supercharged B-series cars and I wasnt impressed at all

+1. Id be suprised if you made into the 200s with a jrsc where as if you went with a good turbo kit you wouldnt have a problem making somewhere in the high 200s to the wheels
Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned

thanks a lot for the help
Old 04-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

va_h22 has disabled reputation

what about the reliability and maintainence for both?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:22 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by va_h22
what about the reliability and maintainence for both?
Thats realitive.

First, you need to make sure your motor is healthy and up on it's factory maintanence (plugs,wires,fuel filter,thermostat,timing belt, fresh valve adjustment etc etc.)

Second, you should decide waht your budget is and waht you want out of the setup.

If I were to ever daily drive a car that I didn't want to work on every day, I'd supercharge it.
Type R/Skunk2 Stage2's, Supercharger on 8psi, Intake, bigger injectors, a NICE(read below) header, 2.5inch exhaust and a GOOD tune(see below).

Headers, generally, you spend more to make more. Buy a DcSport header, you make DcSport Power. Buy a SMSP, DTR, etc etc you make great power. Hell, even a JDM ITR would be good.

Turbosetup, I'd buy a premade kit, Revhard, Drag, Inlinepro, with a cast manifold to keep ac/ps. Find a tuner you trust and see what they tune.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: jrsc or turbo