Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

jdm itr swap

Old 03-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts
Default jdm itr swap

will a jdm itr swap be a direct swap in for a 99 si any info is appreciated
Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E
Default Re: jdm itr swap

yes
Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts

even as far as all the harnesses and the stock si ecu be used or does it have to be the type r
Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

The harness should convert over as long as it is the OBD, and the ecu should work as well. But you would be better off getting a type r ecu because it has better fuel maps and so on. This is to the best of my knowledge, and i do not in any way claim to be an expert.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm worse drugged

esohsee has disabled reputation

you would need the stock mounts and brackets from the b16... pretty sure you can use the civic si ecu but you won't be using the type r's full potential.. fuel/ vtec engage/ redline
Old 03-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered member

nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack

Originally Posted by esohsee
you would need the stock mounts and brackets from the b16... pretty sure you can use the civic si ecu but you won't be using the type r's full potential.. fuel/ vtec engage/ redline
A USDM Si ECU will NOT run a JDM ITR motor unless you do the following:

-add a crank angle knock sensor or do some rewiring so the ECU won't notice it's not there
-add a VTEC solenoid with the oil pressure switch or do some rewiring so the ECU won't notice it's not there

I think that should be all you need to do.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:24 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Use the JDM ITR ecu.

Try to get a OBD-2B ecu so you don't have to use a jumper harness.

You'll need the two post mounting bracket from the Si on the timing belt side. Integras use 3-post mounts.

You'll need to change the plug on the IAT sensor and convert it for use on the intake manifold instead of on the intake piping like the USDM B16 uses.

Other than that, it's fairly easy to swap. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned

crxtyper is an unknown quantity at this point

Driver mount is different and use an obd2a jdm itr ecu...or go hondata...

If you need someone to do the swap im the guy you need to see...let me know.gl
Old 03-15-2008, 05:28 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Use the JDM ITR ecu.

Try to get a OBD-2B ecu so you don't have to use a jumper harness.

You'll need the two post mounting bracket from the Si on the timing belt side. Integras use 3-post mounts.

You'll need to change the plug on the IAT sensor and convert it for use on the intake manifold instead of on the intake piping like the USDM B16 uses.

Other than that, it's fairly easy to swap. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
yes.
Originally Posted by crxtyper
Driver mount is different and use an obd2a jdm itr ecu...or go hondata...

If you need someone to do the swap im the guy you need to see...let me know.gl
no, read above post.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by nutsack
A USDM Si ECU will NOT run a JDM ITR motor unless you do the following:

-add a crank angle knock sensor or do some rewiring so the ECU won't notice it's not there
-add a VTEC solenoid with the oil pressure switch or do some rewiring so the ECU won't notice it's not there

I think that should be all you need to do.
What the hell are you talking about? What is a "crank angle knock sensor"? Do you mean a knock sensor or a crank angle sensor?

Why are you trying to confuse people with meaningless crap?

At to make things worse, you're not talking about either actually..

The crank angle sensor is in the distributor (which they all have) , and the knock sensor is completely unrelated (and all B-series VTEC engines have that too). If you try to bypass the crank angle sensor, which is one of the main sensors the ECU uses to determine engine angular position, you're in a world of hurt. It's hard to inject fuel and fire a spark plug if you don't know where the pistons are except when you're at top dead center and at the cylinder one position.

You're talking about a crank fluctuation sensor, it picks up off of the crank gear down by the oil pump. USDM ODB2 cars generally have it, JDM generally doesn't. A USDM oil pump (with CKF sensor) and USDM crank gear (with a new woodruff key because the ITR woodruff key is permanently attached) is all you need if you want to use a USDM OBD2 ECU.

You might have to do something about the immobilizer if you use the ITR ECU (I don't remember, do some research), but I would still suggest using that because it has the correct mapping and parameters for the ITR engine. So you'll be de-tuning the engine if you use the B16 ECU.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-15-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: jdm itr swap