Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

jdm gsr blown? idk tell me what you think i should do or if its blown or fixable

Old 03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM11893 has disabled reputation
Default jdm gsr blown? idk tell me what you think i should do or if its blown or fixable

i was driving my car and it just shut off took off the valve cover off and a retainer was split in two then i took out my spark plugs out and all of them where okay except one was complete gone at the bottom of it is the motor fixable or blown?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:43 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: jdm gsr blown? idk tell me what you think i should do or if its blown or fixable

Boat anchor.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness
Default Re: jdm gsr blown? idk tell me what you think i should do or if its blown or fixable

Originally Posted by JDM11893
i was driving my car and it just shut off took off the valve cover off and a retainer was split in two then i took out my spark plugs out and all of them where okay except one was complete gone at the bottom of it is the motor fixable or blown?
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the broken retainer and the bad spark plug were in the same cylinder.....??
Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered member

yepp both where to the same cylinder and i drained the oil today and strianed it and there are no metal pieces in it the crank still turns making no weird noises do you think its fixable?
Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Layin Frame

dirty c has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JDM11893
yepp both where to the same cylinder and i drained the oil today and strianed it and there are no metal pieces in it the crank still turns making no weird noises do you think its fixable?
pull the head and take a look only way u gonna find out anything.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Did the timing belt brake? piston could have hit the valve.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered member

boat anchor explain please
Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered member

timing belt did not break its still on with no slack and the head will be pulled tomorrow hopefully
Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

how many miles are on the engine?
Old 03-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation

more than likely if the retainer broke and the spark plug was wiped out from that cylinder with the broken retainer,my guess is that ur gonna have to get machine work done to that cylinder on the head because the valve was probly slapping back and forth before it shut down..my buddys car did the same thing and messed up all 4 valve seats in that cylinder but the head was a full race pnp head so they got it welded and fixed..if urs is stock i would suggest pulling the head off checking the condition of the pistons,block,ext and most of all the head then just go from there..if its not bad then may be salvageable but probly gonna be better off just getting another stock head and if the pistons are good slap it on and roll out..GL bro..