Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ive been humbled....need help bad

Old 08-10-2003, 07:06 AM
show no mercy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC
Unhappy ive been humbled....need help bad

well, another bump in the road with my car. had to jump my battery, after that, had the car running. great right? nope. the car is stuck in park (auto) can move the shifter at all. car will start, everything seems fine EXCEPT i cant put the bitch in drive, reverse ect....... yes i did try the whole foot on the break ect. all the basic things to do. so if anyone has any ideas or knows how to fix, please help!!!! thanx in advance. ::sigh:: another snag for those who dont know me i have a 94 toyota supra tt, if you need that info.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:41 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

You should find someone with the FSM for your car and see if it has some sort of on board diagnostic for the tranny.

Is the car currently parked on an incline? Might need to have someone push or pull it a little bit to get the wheels unlocked.

Have you checked the connectors? Could be a bad one somewhere and the car doesn't know the brake pedal is depressed.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:46 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

in a lot of auto cars there is a key hole right next to the shifter to where you can put your ignition key in there and move the shifter while the car is off. tried using that just to see what it does?
Old 08-10-2003, 09:03 AM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by reuter
in a lot of auto cars there is a key hole right next to the shifter to where you can put your ignition key in there and move the shifter while the car is off. tried using that just to see what it does?
That's a great idea.....For me to poop on! Tell me how he's gonna start the car, then take the key out and place it in the shift box and keep the car running? Geez, a little common sense people. Damn.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:06 AM
R U SeRiOUS?

Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta

Its called getting a duplicate key made u BIG DUMMY! Thats a good idea reuter dont worry about stupid 9civic5!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:20 AM

doeyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

... uhhh.. i believe he said while the car is off? so why would he need to start it... take the key out.. and put it in the other hole? read please?
Old 08-10-2003, 10:24 AM
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC

the car is stuck in park WHILE RUNNING, cant get it in to drive or anything....i dont have a place to put a key next to my shifter keep the info comming, thanx in advance!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Hot Seduction: Vol 1

1badITR can only hope to improve

I believe you have a problem with your flux-capacitor. You need to insert you secondary key into th electronic defilibator. After that, the atoms in your tranny will separate causing an internal imbalance which will result in the tranny moving into drive. That should take care of it.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

Originally posted by 1baditr
I believe you have a problem with your flux-capacitor. You need to insert you secondary key into th electronic defilibator. After that, the atoms in your tranny will separate causing an internal imbalance which will result in the tranny moving into drive. That should take care of it.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:00 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

i think brian hit the nail right on the head.

Quick Reply: ive been humbled....need help bad