Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

integra starts and shuts of

Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default integra starts and shuts of

jdm gsr w/ turbo kit

took the car for a long drive the other day. since then it was lagging a little and rpms kept dropping to 0 then to normal every time i hit nuetral. Car actually shut off on my way home last night when i put it in nuetral but luckily it started. Just tried to start the car now and it shut off immediatly. Im currently looking for any vacume leaks

Edit: When i start the car it starts and turns off right away, tune is less then 6 months old.

Last edited by twinturbomeow; 08-19-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:55 PM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation
Default Re: integra starts and shuts of

what map sensor are you using?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:54 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

check the insides of your distributor for worn or loose wires...also has the harness ever been modified?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:58 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

could be a short in a wire. that may be why when you shift back into neutral the engine settles and the connection was corrected.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish

What ecu are you on? You could try adjusting your target idle as a short term fix, if you have the ability.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

jumper harness to hondata / safc

Last edited by twinturbomeow; 08-19-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1

Electronic portion of ignition switch.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Banned

checked out the sensor on top of the throttle body, it was wired together so i took off the tape around it and noticed the one of the wires was not connected so i attached it, started the car and it didn't shut off this time. Drove it around, after about 20 min's of driving came home parked it, and taped it all up to keep it from unattaching again and start the car.. same problem, shuts off after start
Old 08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Banned

gonna keep messin around with the wires till i put em on correctly, thanks guys for the input
Old 08-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

yeah thats your map sensor.. be careful because if you are going into boost and the ecu does not see the map sensor voltage rising then it wont compensate fuel for the boost.

Quick Reply: integra starts and shuts of