Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Integra rods in a D series

Old 09-23-2003, 04:57 AM
The Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to all
Default Integra rods in a D series

I heard they can be adapted to fit in a d series. Anybody have any links or info on wut needs to be done. Thx
Old 09-23-2003, 05:03 AM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

ask in the tech section on honda-tech.com
Old 09-23-2003, 05:05 AM
Finger Bang

theSUPREMEruler is an unknown quantity at this point

But why?
Old 09-23-2003, 05:11 AM
The Wizard

TempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to all

cuz i might get a set for free and they are beefier than the stockers and im only goin all motor so they should do the job
Old 09-23-2003, 05:13 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

umm adapting a connecting rod probably isnt the best idea. it will most likely kill what little tensile strength a B18(?) rod might have. on top of that, for the price of having a machine shop 'adapt' that rod for you, you could most likely purchase a high strength forged or billet component.

these 'honda swap' fads are really getting out of hand.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:40 AM
Finger Bang

theSUPREMEruler is an unknown quantity at this point

I just can't see the benefit of modifying b series rods for a d series motor. They aren't that much stronger, plus I'm sure they weight more and balancing them would be a pain in the ass. Just do it right and buy aftermarket rods... I think it will save you money in the long run.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:55 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by theSUPREMEruler
I just can't see the benefit of modifying b series rods for a d series motor. They aren't that much stronger, plus I'm sure they weight more and balancing them would be a pain in the ass. Just do it right and buy aftermarket rods... I think it will save you money in the long run.

There is no feasable reason to try this adaptation in my opinion. As far as I know, the rods are different length anyway. There is no machining process that will help you with that. You can pick up a set of Eagle rods for $300.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:23 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by TempestRex
only goin all motor
"only" eh?