Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Installing exhaust this weekend..

Old 05-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snozepp147 has disabled reputation
Default Installing exhaust this weekend..

yeah, my greddy evo 2 came on monday so i'm gonna install it friday with some friends. i was just wondering if anyone has any tips or anything. i dont have any jackstands...could i borrow some from autozone or some place? or if i use my jack, my friends jack, and my parents jacks that come with their cars will that work? anyways..it shouldnt be too hard, just take the old pipes and muffler out and put the new ones in. I'll post pics and maybe sound clips after its installed. thanks for the help.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:04 AM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Installing exhaust this weekend..

you can go ahead and hope it will be that easy.

as for the jackstands...just go to walmart and get some. theyre only 8 bucks or so.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

snozepp147 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by urvtecs2slo
you can go ahead and hope it will be that easy.

as for the jackstands...just go to walmart and get some. theyre only 8 bucks or so.
what do you mean hope it will be that easy...have you installed one before or do you just think it'll be harder?
Old 05-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Your stupid to go under a car that isn't supported by jackstands. My dad has lost two friends that went under a car that wasn't jacked up correctly, didn't have jackstands under it, fell and died after having a car on top of them for about twenty minutes. Also exhuast work is very simple and easy, but a huge pain in the ass to work on. All the pipe crimps and rusts together making a simple project quite difficult. I hope you have a torch.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously man, get some jack-stands. It is not like it is just something you will use once and then get rid of. Hopefully.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:40 PM
mi-4.com

Mi4Dub is an unknown quantity at this point

don't use multiple jacks from other cars. u r asking for it.
buy yourself some 2-3 ton jackstand from walmart or autoparts store.
there is really no trick to install an exhaust. take the old out then new in
Old 05-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah no skill involved. Only thing like excelr8 said is piping and bolts that have pretty much become one piece and stupid shit like that.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:24 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Due to the fact that you do not know how to properly jack and support a vehicle, I am estimating an install time of 2-4 weeks.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Bald tires again

jjrambo has disabled reputation

make sure that you do it when the exhaust is completely cold. any residual heat in the pipes will cause them to still be expanded and much harder to take off.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:49 AM
Banned

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point

Chances are, you'll end up having to cut off the bolts where the piping meets the cat, so you might want to go to your dealership or favorite auto parts store and pick up some new bolts. If you manage to salvage the old ones, you can always return the ones you bought. But you will most likely need to cut off the bolts on the cat.

Quick Reply: Installing exhaust this weekend..