Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

idle issue

Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts
Default idle issue

i have a problem my car will not idle after it is started it has usdm type r into a eg hatch with s200b the only way the car will run is if u hold on the gas ease off the gas it will idle then rough idle then cutoff
Old 01-17-2008, 10:43 PM
VTEC

diggity dave is on a distinguished road
Default Re: idle issue

what cams? Injectors? Timing?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts

stock cams 880 injectors stock timing as far as i know
Old 01-19-2008, 08:21 AM
C.R.E.A.M

dc2stunna has disabled reputation

is it tuned? why 880cc injectors?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

the car is running big injectors becuz i am currently running hondata s200wit boost with turbo the car hasnt been tuned it just has a basemap from brauning i am just for right now trying to get the car running right before i waste most of my time and money going to get it tuned it has an a/f guage and it starts at optimal then it will run down to lean and go off the screen the car has problems idling it will start up and cutoff i have had to hold on the gas to about 2000rpms then start easing off the gas then it would idle for a minute then it seems that it will idle down then die out on me i thought that it could have been the cap rotor or plugs i changed them all i cant figure out any help would be grateful
Old 01-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

EGCivicSi has disabled reputation

if you are running boost it would probably be a good idea to retard your timing some. try rotating you distributor housing to see if your idle steadies out. do you have aftermarket cam gear(s)?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

the car has stock cam gears started car today i have gotten the car to idle a lil better but no soon as it starts to idle it will bog down and damn near cut out i tried to fool with the dizzy adjusting it could it be a possibility the timing is off
Old 01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

will_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond repute

Recheck your timing(timing belt) ensure that its on. As far as the distributor and base timing go, it's going to be hard to get an accurate reading until the car is warmed up and idling right. With the 880's a base tune is just that. It's going to be ruff until you can get it tuned properly.
Good luck man.
Will
Old 01-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

has it been driving and just started doing this? or is this just after a swap? if just after swap, change the 2 plugs on the sensor...orolly mixxed up.. if not that, check the IACV or w/e....the thing the coolant runs into on your throttle body..pull it and clean it out, might be clogged up...mine was idling fucked up, cuttin off/idling high until i cleaned that out.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Try a stock p28 and stock intjectors. if it'll idle then, then it's your basemap/injectors.

Quick Reply: idle issue