Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

I NEED HELP!!

Old 08-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer
Default I NEED HELP!!

i have a problem everyone. i took my car to a mechanic to put a new clutch in it. he tells me he would do it under the table for 200$ and i said sure and left my car with him. that night he calls me and tells me that the clutch doesnt fit. i was a little pissed because i bought it from a dragva member and they wouldnt give me my money back for the wrong clutch that they sold me. so i went to auto zone and i bought a new clutch to fit my 93 integra. i give it to him and 3 days later he tell me the clutch was packaged wrong and they sent me the wron pressure plate. so i take it to auto zone and get an exchange. i give it to and about 3 days later he tells me he tried to put the new pressure plate on and it didnt fit. but of coarse he was to lazy to put it on the ramp instead he slip under the car for about 30 secs and jiggled it around and he couldnt get it on. so i take my old pressure plate and linned it up with the new one and it was a perfect fit. then i took my old one and linned it up to a flywhel at bap geon and it fit so some one tell me if it is my transmission or this "MECHANIC"
Old 08-12-2006, 01:38 PM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb
Default Re: I NEED HELP!!

Sounds like he is fucking you, but I can't figure out why. If he just installed it he would have his money. Maybe he is trying to more money out of you?
Old 08-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Registered member

vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer

thats what i thought but he hasnt brung that up
Old 08-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

You have tocount the spines on the trans output shaft too. Depending opn the trans, some b-series trans have a different output shaft.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

so how exactly do the splines touch the pressure plate at all? lol.

the only thing the splines are touching is the clutch disc, if the pins on the flywheel dont match up to the pressure plate, then its the wrong plate. HOWEVER the pressure plate needs to go on a certain way, it wont fit no matter which way you try to put it on so he may have to keep turning the pressure plate till the dowel pins on the flywheel match up with the holes on the pressure plate.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:53 PM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
so how exactly do the splines touch the pressure plate at all? lol.

the only thing the splines are touching is the clutch disc, if the pins on the flywheel dont match up to the pressure plate, then its the wrong plate. HOWEVER the pressure plate needs to go on a certain way, it wont fit no matter which way you try to put it on so he may have to keep turning the pressure plate till the dowel pins on the flywheel match up with the holes on the pressure plate.
Thats true, but wouldn't a guy who did this for a living know that. Maybe he just sucks as a mechanic.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah, or he just doesn't have a lot of experience with hondas maybe? any numbnuts that knows how to crack a tranny off should know how to put a clutch/PP on though lol. go up there with the correct pressure plate and tell him he has to keep spinning it till the dowel pins line up with the holes, you'd think he would've tried that right now just to get the shit over with.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered member

well i have my car back and it has the new clutch kit. it took him a while because he "didnt know taht there was only one way to put the pp one. well its all good now thanks for the help