Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

I have some question about B series..please help

Old 11-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Representin TeamDOHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SickEJ1 has disabled reputation
I have some question about B series..please help

I have a OBD1 GSR boosted and has been tuned by RLZ in N.C. car ran great up til the point of swapping the engine into another EK shell , both vehicles are 97 in year.. the swap process went great , timing is on point, i even used the wire harness from the original car to assure no differences being that it had been converted to obd 1 . my car will fire and start up but will not idle what so ever. my PLX wide band reads LEAN but my plugs read RICH when you pull them they are black as night, on my 2nd set of new plugs now.. idno....when you pull the plugs you can see wet on top of the pistons.. so i don't see where it could be lean... my next issue is that the car keeps throwing code 9... for the Cylinder sensor... my guess was the Dizzy, so yeah that been replaced w/ a known working dizzy.. still throws code 9 and will not idle do to fuel being dumped.. from what i can see.. i am running 880 injectors and running resistor box but like i say its been tuned for that .. my question to you guys if you hadn't pulled it out of my story is... why is it that code 9 keeps popping up? has any of you guys been in this situation before..

O i am running Crane ignition box w/ ext. coil....

now that i'm thinking i'm gonna go and check my resistor box and see if anything has come aloose there..

I normally do not make threads on problem solving, but i figure what the hell... i don't consider myself a novice by far but don't know where else to look..

thanx for any helpful replys..
Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation
Default Re: I have some question about B series..please help

Did the tune on the ecu get erased somehow?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Representin TeamDOHC

Originally Posted by 1rude2l
Did the tune on the ecu get erased somehow?
I thought the same thing , fortunatley i had 2 tunes and already swapped the chip out, still same B.S.....
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

So, main problem is, somehow you're running rich. I'd try downsizing the injectors, just to see if it'd run. Since you're not making enough power at idle to burn the fuel it'd might be flooding the cylinder. Now, once your boost kicks in then 880 may be appropriate. But I'd stick some smaller injectors in the just to see what happens.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Representin TeamDOHC

well the problem is fixed there was no issues with my injector size but thanks for the idea and there was no issues with the ecu either.. check this out, Do any of you know a good way to test the pump without removing it?
A: you can clamp off the return line to read psi to the rail with a gauge of course..

my problem was:
the return line on my car was clogged from sitting for a period of time, had to remove the line from the tank and disconnect @ FPR , took a blow nozzle to the tank side and pulled the trigger , low and behold about a inch of MUCK come shooting out the FPR end into a bottle i had the line running into... I replaced the plugs fired it up ran rough for a minute but then cleared up ... Issue fixed.