Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

i have a problem with a 94 mustang please read

Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
stop kiddin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robby1989 has disabled reputation
Default i have a problem with a 94 mustang please read

my girls car is having a problem with her running brakes lights not coming on when u turn on the head lights but the brake lights still come on when u press the brake. i know your prob think this guys a tard and needs to go check a fuse but i have in the bay and interior and everything checks out. so please if u know what might be wrong please let me know cause i hate wiring in the first place and im lost on what todo at the moment my cell is 757-727-3229 or just pm me please. thank u for your time
Old 07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: i have a problem with a 94 mustang please read

Originally Posted by robby1989
my girls car is having a problem with her running brakes lights not coming on when u turn on the head lights but the brake lights still come on when u press the brake. i know your prob think this guys a tard and needs to go check a fuse but i have in the bay and interior and everything checks out. so please if u know what might be wrong please let me know cause i hate wiring in the first place and im lost on what todo at the moment my cell is 757-727-3229 or just pm me please. thank u for your time
Jesus Christ. . .
Old 07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by robby1989
Holy shit, this is a fat bag of failure so I quoted it as to not lose this gem.

Ok....

1. Learn how to fucking write correctly. It's fucking impossible to determine what the problem is when you can barely understand what the fucking question is. FUCK.

2. Is it a 5.0 or a V6...I assume it's a V6 since it's a chick's car. Not that it really makes a difference, but the 5.0 might actually be worth saving...V6? Not so much.

3. There's short or a cut in the wiring. If the fuse isn't blown, then you'll need to pull the interior out probably on the driver side. All you have to do is remove the plastic pieces and you can usually find the wiring (at least on the GT ones). Run it from the fuse box to the light and see if you can find something
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Invest in a good multimeter and LEARN how to use one. Then you can find faults in any wiring if that is the case, and rule out anything there. Also, running lights usually run off of a different bulb than brake lights, and since usually its a completed circuit, if one goes out it might take the other one out as well. Check ALL bulbs in the rear light housing to be sure. Carbon scoring or "filament rattle" are common signs of a busted bulb.

Poorly gasketed housings can also cause water to leak into the housing and wreak havoc on bulbs and wiring back there. Look over everything for signs of corrosion. If all this checks out, be prepared to go into your steering column/dash, as generally the controls for running lights fall within the headlight circuit in the front. A FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL would be most helpful here (bottom line, get a Haynes manual if you cant find one, its better than nothing), as you will have all the wiring diagrams you need to trace out the circuit. Electrical knowledge is necessary, as well as following directions.

Last tip: depending on the age of the car, GOOGLE your problem. If its not new, somebody out there has had to deal with it at some point. If youre lucky, they posted up the fix to their problem as well.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So the problem doesn't sound like the brake lights at all, it just sounds like the running lights....
Old 07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

check the switch. had the same problem in my 95 gt. and its a problem in alot of other sn95's.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:46 AM
stop kiddin

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Holy shit, this is a fat bag of failure so I quoted it as to not lose this gem.

Ok....

1. Learn how to fucking write correctly. It's fucking impossible to determine what the problem is when you can barely understand what the fucking question is. FUCK.

2. Is it a 5.0 or a V6...I assume it's a V6 since it's a chick's car. Not that it really makes a difference, but the 5.0 might actually be worth saving...V6? Not so much.

3. There's short or a cut in the wiring. If the fuse isn't blown, then you'll need to pull the interior out probably on the driver side. All you have to do is remove the plastic pieces and you can usually find the wiring (at least on the GT ones). Run it from the fuse box to the light and see if you can find something
sorry u didnt have to read it so go be a dick some where else
Old 07-10-2010, 10:46 AM
stop kiddin

Originally Posted by Delbanner
Invest in a good multimeter and LEARN how to use one. Then you can find faults in any wiring if that is the case, and rule out anything there. Also, running lights usually run off of a different bulb than brake lights, and since usually its a completed circuit, if one goes out it might take the other one out as well. Check ALL bulbs in the rear light housing to be sure. Carbon scoring or "filament rattle" are common signs of a busted bulb.

Poorly gasketed housings can also cause water to leak into the housing and wreak havoc on bulbs and wiring back there. Look over everything for signs of corrosion. If all this checks out, be prepared to go into your steering column/dash, as generally the controls for running lights fall within the headlight circuit in the front. A FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL would be most helpful here (bottom line, get a Haynes manual if you cant find one, its better than nothing), as you will have all the wiring diagrams you need to trace out the circuit. Electrical knowledge is necessary, as well as following directions.

Last tip: depending on the age of the car, GOOGLE your problem. If its not new, somebody out there has had to deal with it at some point. If youre lucky, they posted up the fix to their problem as well.
thanks for the help
Old 07-10-2010, 10:49 AM
stop kiddin

Originally Posted by boosted_yota
check the switch. had the same problem in my 95 gt. and its a problem in alot of other sn95's.
thanks will do
Old 07-10-2010, 10:52 AM
stop kiddin

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So the problem doesn't sound like the brake lights at all, it just sounds like the running lights....
yep and the cluster lights are starting to act up now so im def leaning towards a short in the wiring.

Quick Reply: i have a problem with a 94 mustang please read