Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

i have no idea what the fuck my car is doing

Old 09-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Question i have no idea what the fuck my car is doing

alright, well i'll try to explain the problem to the best of my capabilites..
my car(95 civic dx) is about 3500 miles on the oil right(yes i'm changing it soon). and i was driving today and the car would like shake like it was about to stall out, i was almost having to floor it and keep it at high RPMS in every gear so it didnt cut off. it was happening off and on alot today. and my car was going abnormally slow, i was having to floor it in just about every gear. i would be flooring it in 1st gear and it would be shaking and then once it got to like 25mph it would return to normal for a few seconds and just take off like i had a little bit of nos or something.
i've never had another car before nor have i had to get oil changed before in my car because i've only drivign that many miles on it so far so i dont know if it could be that. one of my friends suggested that it might be my fuel indicator or something like that.
does anyone know what could be the problem?? thanks

and if you saw a teal civic coupe with plates jimsta5 flooring it every time it moved, that was me and i just wanna clear things up about flooring it almost everywhere today and reving my engine alot.. mostly just so people dont start calling me a ricer haha
Old 09-26-2003, 11:04 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

could be your fuel pump or fuel filter?
Old 09-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Finger Bang

theSUPREMEruler is an unknown quantity at this point

check your wires/distibuter/plugs. also
Old 09-26-2003, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hey

Sounds like a mix of a couple of things, try to do the most cheapest and easiest things first. Such as:
Cleaning air filter
changing spark plugs
check distributor for spark
if you can do a fuel flush
if you have obd, see if your ECU is giving u a code
make sure all sensors are connected
Let me know what happens man
-Aaron-
Old 09-26-2003, 07:09 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

thanks for the suggestions and help, i'll try to do some of those things tomorrow and see if it still is messing up.
wouldnt these problems all be gone if i was to just do a full engine swap? just curious, but i doubt my parents would let me.. especially since they're both pissed at me

i forgot to mention that the engine is idleing(sp?) at much lower RPMs, i'm not sure what exact rpm its at because honda was gay and didnt put a tach in the dx/lx civic in the year mine was made
Old 09-27-2003, 03:58 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

yo fool. you need a complete tune up...oil, oil filter, fuel filter, intake filter, spark plugs and wires distributor cap and reset your idle on your car.

when was the last time all that was changed out homie.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:49 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

I say richness, too much fuel, not enough air in there...the same sympotms I was having, but different since min ewas in the positive pressure band! But sounds he same regardless. Check spark for sure, plugs is the cheapest thing to replace.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:04 AM
Eat me.

thanks for the help, i changed the spark plugs today and everything is back to normal, i'm gonna change out the oil tomorrow morning. hopefully i dont have any more problems with it for a while
Old 09-28-2003, 05:13 PM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

when can i ride in teh civic
Old 09-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Eat me.

Originally posted by MI4nKuwait
when can i ride in teh civic
i get my license oct 31st so i'll probably go to the mi-4 meets when i dont have to work, so i'll take you for a ride in it when ever you want

Quick Reply: i have no idea what the fuck my car is doing