Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

how do you change oil.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need a civic! has disabled reputation
Default how do you change oil.

i need to change it its black and a quart low. so can some one give me the procedures? thank you.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: how do you change oil.

You make me want to blow my brains out. Google that shit lazy ignorant fuck.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:18 PM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

find oil pan. remove drain plug. remove oil filter. install new oil filter. put drain plug back in. add oil.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville

Originally Posted by slammedNsloLS
find oil pan. remove drain plug. remove oil filter. install new oil filter. put drain plug back in. add oil.
yep
Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

Originally Posted by slammedNsloLS
please be sure that the vehicle is cold (ie not driven) and also if you have an automatic, be sure to get the oil plug that is facing down, not out.

maybe you should try and take it somewhere and watch them for your first time. Or get somebody else that knows what they are doing to help you.

is this your first car, first oil change....and do you still live with your parents? my dad taught me how to change the oil in my first car.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered member

dowhatiwant has disabled reputation

drain all of your oil. there is a plug at the bottom of the oil pan. keep the plug off and drive for about 2 miles. after the bulk of the oil is drained. this will get all the old oil out and it will just drip into the street as you drive. park it. put the plug back in. then i like to put a few extra quarts of oil in. this will probably help you too since you were low on oil. put the cap back on and you are good to go. You might also want to run sand through your throttle body to port and polish your intake manilfold while you are at it.

...or you can have someone that knows what they are doing show you
Old 03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

Originally Posted by dowhatiwant
drain all of your oil. there is a plug at the bottom of the oil pan. keep the plug off and drive for about 2 miles. after the bulk of the oil is drained. this will get all the old oil out and it will just drip into the street as you drive. park it. put the plug back in. then i like to put a few extra quarts of oil in. this will probably help you too since you were low on oil. put the cap back on and you are good to go. You might also want to run sand through your throttle body to port and polish your intake manilfold while you are at it.

QFT, this man knows his shit.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Uh oh!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville

Originally Posted by dowhatiwant

i like pranking noobs as much as the next guy, but that's just fucked up lol

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY
Old 03-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

It takes like two seconds for a swap anyways, let him do it

Quick Reply: how do you change oil.