Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How do I use a seal driver?

Old 08-20-2003, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I use a seal driver?

Hey, I bought a seal driver from an automotive tool store to put in my rear main seal. It seems that everytime I hit the driver the seal always goes to one side. How do I get this damn seal in? It's such a bitch, someone help me please.
-Aaron-
Old 08-20-2003, 07:56 AM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

ive never used one before. i always just pushed them in as far as i could and then tapped them in with somthing flat + hammer
Old 08-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Default hey

I know wut u mean but this one is being a bitch, i tried pretty much every possible way. Is there something u gonna do to the lip of the seal in order for it to go in or something? I tried putting oil on it aswell, that did not work either.
-Aaron-
Old 08-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

What seal are you trying to put in? The seal driver should be set flush with the seal and tapped with a hammer until the seal slides into place. It shouldn't be that difficult. Are you sure you have the correct seal?
Old 08-20-2003, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Default hey

I am trying to put the rear main seal in, ya i am sure i have the correct seal, I have the DOHC ZC motor, and the 89 integra rear main seal fits the zc I read it on a site that has the complete parts list for zc. Should I be hitting the seal hard or softly?
-Aaron-
Old 08-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Well, you will need to use a good amount of force but you don't want to hit the shit out of it and ruin the seal either. Be gentle and tap your way around the seal pushing it farther in each time you go around in a circular motion.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

Default hey

Anyone able to give me some sites on how to put in a rear main seal on a acura or honda or something similiar.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:02 AM
Asshole Supreme

I give up. lol
Old 08-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Default hey

you ever done one on a zc? If you havn't then it's kinda hard to tell u wut i am going threw, if your near me i'll pay u like a bit to put it in.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Asshole Supreme

A rear main seal is a rear main seal is a rear main seal. Trust me on that. And sorry, I don't live anywhere near you.

Quick Reply: How do I use a seal driver?