VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/hondata-intake-manifold-gasket-worth-394816/)

backtoarms 05-02-2011 12:36 PM

Re: hondata intake manifold gasket .... worth it ?

LOL!

H22PwrdInspire 05-02-2011 12:41 PM

the hondata i/m gasket does make a difference in temp. def recommend going with it when you replace your i/m

NasTHatch 05-02-2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by C_WAKE (Post 7068423)
Finally someone with some reading comprehension skills thanks man . Still haven't gotten an answer thought . Just wandering if there is any truth to their claims as to heat transfer with their gasket

i have used them on all my builds, and never run into an issue

C_WAKE 05-02-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by NasTHatch (Post 7069479)
i have used them on all my builds, and never run into an issue

k thanks... by the way... mani just pulled up

dyoungin' 05-02-2011 03:28 PM

I think its worth it.

I just put one of my Si last week and I can now put my hand on the IM after driving, whereas I could not before because it was too hot.

Fabrik8 05-02-2011 04:02 PM

They work decently. Whether you'll pick up an appreciable amount of power completely depends on the engine setup, and I've never personally done any dyno tuning to find out how well they work. Intuition says that anything capable of noticeably lowering the temperature of the intake manifold must have an effect on power, but how much is the question. Without knowing what the temperature drop is going to be, and under what conditions, it's hard to predict.

You can get them for about $50 from InlineFour, and I'd say that's money well spent for a good reduction in manifold temp.

MORE IMPATIENT 05-02-2011 04:06 PM

worth every penny in my opinion. Before the hondata gasket on my turbo gsr the manifold would be scalding hot while the car was running. After I installed the hondata gasket I could drive the car for an hour and pop the hood, put my hand on the manifold and it was luke warm and didnt burn my hand. I would definitely reccomend it.

C_WAKE 05-02-2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by dyoungin' (Post 7069691)
I think its worth it.

I just put one of my Si last week and I can now put my hand on the IM after driving, whereas I could not before because it was too hot.

sweet

C_WAKE 05-02-2011 05:15 PM

NM

C_WAKE 05-02-2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 7069769)
They work decently. Whether you'll pick up an appreciable amount of power completely depends on the engine setup, and I've never personally done any dyno tuning to find out how well they work. Intuition says that anything capable of noticeably lowering the temperature of the intake manifold must have an effect on power, but how much is the question. Without knowing what the temperature drop is going to be, and under what conditions, it's hard to predict.

You can get them for about $50 from InlineFour, and I'd say that's money well spent for a good reduction in manifold temp.

My thoughts also... $50 isnt bad to spend on something that probably works lol. InlineFour is that a local shop or are you referring to the online.