Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hondata?

Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black6gen can only hope to improve
Question Hondata?

Ok ive decided to go with hondata for my turbo set up with a p28 ecu. Now my question is how does the hondata unit hook up to the ecu, and is there anything that needs to be done to the ecu internaly? Any info will be greatly apriciated, Thank you.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:48 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hondata?

The ecu will be chipped to accept the hondata box. You won't need to do anything if you take it to your tuner, and they will usually credit the $100 or so dollars off the cost of chipping if you tune the car with them.

Have fun!

J
Old 12-27-2005, 06:17 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Do not confuse the word "chip" with the cheap ass Ebay "spoon & mugen" programed chips. They are pretty much installed the same...but are burnable.
Honestly, the S200b is the one to get if you have not already made that decision. The S200b has all the follow over that of the S100. So it is a much better deal for the buck.

- Shift light.
- Adjustable rev limiter.
- Launch control.
- Full throttle shift.
- Nitrous Control
- Datalogging with HondaLogger software.
- Datalogging with Palmlog software
- ROM Editor tuning software.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Owner

allmotorSOHC has disabled reputation

the correct word to use would be "socketed".
Old 12-28-2005, 06:44 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by allmotorSOHC
Thank you
Old 12-28-2005, 06:53 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by allmotorSOHC
So.. If a ECU is socketed for Hondata, that means it has a Hondata program already on it? Meaning, I could take it and get it tuned?

My friend has been looking at ecus, and people use the term socketed for Hondata, I didn't understand what they meant.

F those "mugen/spoon" chips, friend just put one in his car, and it runs like crap. Maybe he did something wrong, either way, I won't trust them.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:19 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Originally Posted by Yell88CRXsi
..............Honestly, the S200b is the one to get if you have not already made that decision. The S200b has all the follow over that of the S100. So it is a much better deal for the buck.

- Shift light.
- Adjustable rev limiter.
- Launch control.
- Full throttle shift.
- Nitrous Control
- Datalogging with HondaLogger software.
- Datalogging with Palmlog software
- ROM Editor tuning software.
Dont get this one confused as well. The software is installed in the Hondata box but the hardware is not included.

Jarrod,
There are a few things that you must understand first:

1) Socketing is taking a chip out from the stock ECU and configuring that same spot on the ECU to accept another chip. The "socket" allows the tuner/user to take this chip in and out. In this case, a Hondata programmed chip. Many people in the market can do this, but remember that you must stay with an OBD1 ECU with VTEC (if required).
2) If you send the ECU to Hondata for socketing, they will ask you what year car you have. For additional cost, they will configure your ECU plug-in (female side) to compensate for your existing engine-to-ECU harness.
3) If you do get someone else to "socket" your ECU, then you will have to buy a conversion harness. No big deal.
4) Chipping is when a certain air/fuel/timing map is saved in a chip that will be installed into the ECU.
5) Once you get the ECU socketed and you have all the Hondata hardware ready for plug-in, you will have to get a base map to at least get your car running.

Contact Shad (Acuracy Automotive) for tuning. He is the only one certified to tune Hondata and an authorized dealer of Hondata in the area.

Hondata is plug and play system one you ge the chip or base map for your set-up.

Enjoy

Last edited by thermal; 12-28-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:28 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by thermalfi'd16
Jarrod,
There are a few things that you must understand first:

1) Socketing is taking a chip out from the stock ECU and configuring that same spot on the ECU to accept another chip. The "socket" allows the tuner/user to take this chip in and out. In this case, a Hondata programmed chip. Many people in the market can do this, but remember that you must stay with an OBD1 ECU with VTEC (if required).
2) If you send the ECU to Hondata for socketing, they will ask you what year car you have. For additional cost, they will configure your ECU plug-in (female side) to compensate for your existing engine-to-ECU harness.
3) If you do get someone else to "socket" your ECU, then you will have to buy a conversion harness. No big deal.
4) Chipping is when a certain air/fuel/timing map is saved in a chip that will be installed into the ECU.
5) Once you get the ECU socketed and you have all the Hondata hardware ready for plug-in, you will have to get a base map to at least get your car running.

Contact Shad (Acuracy Automotive) for tuning. He is the only one certified to tune Hondata and an authorized dealer of Hondata in the area.

Hondata is plug and play system one you ge the chip or base map for your set-up.

Enjoy
Thanks. I know Shads work, He's done 100% of all my friend's cars.. one day I may be boosted..one day.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Thanks. I know Shads work, He's done 100% of all my friend's cars.. one day I may be boosted..one day.
shad is a good guy with alot of knowledge, he built my motor and any problem or question i had, he was sure to answer it. also every problem i had, he knew exactly what it was and why it was doing it.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Owner

allmotorSOHC has disabled reputation

check it out....

BONE STOCK

SOCKETED

ZIF SOCKET(makes it easy to remove and replace your hondata tuned chips. or your ecu connection if you're ur using RTP)

CN2 location for datalogging. nevermind that usb connector, thats the moates kit.

Quick Reply: Hondata?