Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Honda wire connector pins

Old 09-21-2009, 08:26 AM
I Love to Hate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well
Default Honda wire connector pins

Im looking to find the little connector pins for misc honda connectors so i can do straight runs instead of tapping and slpicing wires. i can find ecu pins for misc applications (mostly ecu, and no way to tell size) online but i was hoping to find them locally so i can test their size and purchase them whenever needed. I am a neat freak and everything has to be perfect so finding these would be a huge relief lol

Im thinking a computer or electronics store would have them but i had no luck at radioshack and not sure where else to inquire

here are a few pics for reference

they slide into and click into connectors like these

Old 09-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Re: Honda wire connector pins

http://www.deutschconnector.com/
Old 09-21-2009, 08:44 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

good luck those honda pins are very hard to find in small amounts, u would be better off changing that who plug to a weather pak or deutsch style
Old 09-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

No, you're not going to find those locally. Crimp pins are very, very specific to the connector shell that they go into, and most of the Honda stuff is either AMP/Tyco or Sumitomo connectors which are very hard to find through a distributor at all. Most of these connectors are made for automotive use and most general distributors don't carry stock of them because they're sold directly to OEMs, etc. I've been dealing with these issues for years for car/bike race harnesses, and I feel your pain.

There are some distributors that carry some of them, but you'll have to buy minimum quantities in the hundreds for connector shells or thousands for crimp pins, or have a minimum dollar amount if they even do something other than commercial credit.. I've occasionally had to buy stuff from the UK too.

Some of the more common Honda connectors you might be able to find crimp pins for online, but I haven't really had much luck other than for the injector connectors, coolant temp sensors, and things like that. I'd say that you're looking at considerable effort to track these down in small quantities (if at all), so splicing is still probably the way to go. Do what you have to.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just saying you have a very, very hard road ahead of you for most of those. Look somewhere on the connector shell for a manufacturers logo, and then find out what manufacturer it is, then find their site and find a datasheet for that connector, then find the part numbers for the crimp pins, then find a distributor that carries them. That's been a big part of my life at various jobs over the last 15 or so years. Pain in the ass.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 09-21-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
No, you're not going to find those locally. Crimp pins are very, very specific to the connector shell that they go into, and most of the Honda stuff is either AMP/Tyco or Sumitomo connectors which are very hard to find through a distributor at all. Most of these connectors are made for automotive use and most general distributors don't carry stock of them because they're sold directly to OEMs, etc. I've been dealing with these issues for years for car/bike race harnesses, and I feel your pain.

There are some distributors that carry some of them, but you'll have to buy minimum quantities in the hundreds for connector shells or thousands for crimp pins, or have a minimum dollar amount if they even do something other than commercial credit.. I've occasionally had to buy stuff from the UK too.

Some of the more common Honda connectors you might be able to find crimp pins for online, but I haven't really had much luck other than for the injector connectors, coolant temp sensors, and things like that. I'd say that you're looking at considerable effort to track these down in small quantities (if at all), so splicing is still probably the way to go. Do what you have to.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just saying you have a very, very hard road ahead of you for most of those. Look somewhere on the connector shell for a manufacturers logo, and then find out what manufacturer it is, then find their site and find a datasheet for that connector, then find the part numbers for the crimp pins, then find a distributor that carries them. That's been a big part of my life at various jobs over the last 15 or so years. Pain in the ass.
i feel the pain in the ass.

i found ecu pins and ordered from the uk but they were not the same as these pins thus, a new topic has come up

i looked over every one of these plugs and there is nothing scribed on them at all.

another tuff part is these are from honda japan, not sure if that makes a huge difference but they are different than the ones on my usdm counterpart.

if the connector was simply inline i would upgrade/change to another style but each of these plugs clip onto a fixed female reciever weather it be a mirror, switch or relay