Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Honda Techs- i need help again please

Old 10-15-2003, 05:19 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Talking Honda Techs- i need help again please

i bought a 1992 civic cx, but the motor that is in the car is a d15b2 which is a 88-91 dx motor. the car doesnt seem to be running right and i checked what computer is in the car and the computer is for the 92 cx motor (p05). however the d15b2 uses a pm5 computer. could this be why its not running right or does it not even matter?

thanks in advance -nick

Last edited by Focal E46; 10-15-2003 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:27 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

More than likely not. You couldn't use the pm5 if you wanted to anyway. You would have to use the obd1 ecu. The problem may lay in the conversion from pre obd to obd1 that the motor had to go through to run in the vehicle. Is the CEL on?
Old 10-15-2003, 05:36 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

what exactly do you mean by not running right?

what intake manifold is on the motor????

the cx motor is an 8 valve engine whereas the dx motor has 16 valves. id really have to be able to see the setup in the car to be able to tell if you have any major problems.

as long as you have all of the correct functioning sensors i see no reason why you couldnt be running correctly. if all else fails you may be able to run a p06 ecu. i have one if youd like to try it out?

Last edited by CHAHONDA; 10-15-2003 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:44 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by 0psi
More than likely not. You couldn't use the pm5 if you wanted to anyway. You would have to use the obd1 ecu. The problem may lay in the conversion from pre obd to obd1 that the motor had to go through to run in the vehicle. Is the CEL on?
yes the cel is on, but it also has no exhaust or o2 on it at the moment
Old 10-15-2003, 05:46 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Originally posted by CHAHONDA
what exactly do you mean by not running right?

what intake manifold is on the motor????
it sound like its randomly missing, and it cuts of and doesnt like to stay running. i have no clue what intake manifold is on it, but i do know that it is off of alot newer car.

i had to make a custom "ghetto" bracket for the throttle linkage to fit the new manifold.

ill take plenty of pictures tonite of the motor and post them tomorrow

Last edited by Focal E46; 10-15-2003 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:26 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

What codes are flashing? That may help also.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:37 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Originally posted by 0psi
What codes are flashing? That may help also.
im not sure, you need a code scanner for that right? i dont have one
Old 10-15-2003, 07:00 AM
Asshole Supreme

No you don't need a code scanner. You have to count the flashes. The long flashes are the "10" digit category and the short flashes are the "one" digit category. So for instance if you see two long flashes and then one short flsh right after it then that would be code 21. Make sense? You may have mutiple codes so be aware of that.

There are two connectors under the dash on the passenger side all the way to the right. You need to pull the two pin connector out and use a jumper wire between the two connectors to get the CEL to flash the codes. Hope that helps.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:07 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

damn right, thanks i didnt know that. im going to try to figure that out tonite. im kinda lost on the second paragraph though, where you jump the connectors. are you talking about the two plugs that just hang there like they should be connected to something? what pins needs to be connected? you wouldnt happen to have a pic of what needs to be crossed would you?

thanks alot guys, you have no clue how much i appreciate this.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:25 AM
Asshole Supreme

All you need is a piece of wire and you take the two pin connector that is just hagning on the right side of the dash and connect the wire so that the connctor shorts itself. I don't know how else to explain it. lol

Quick Reply: Honda Techs- i need help again please