Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Honda MIL eliminator

Old 10-13-2007, 06:05 PM
blingin cracka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster
Default Honda MIL eliminator

hey im posting for a friend of mine...hes got a ~2004 Civic with a header and full exhaust. he bought a "kit" to make a mil eliminator, but it only works once in a while.

can anyone point me to a good place to buy one online?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: Honda MIL eliminator

Why would you eliminate the mil?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Is this a ghetto oxygen sensor eliminator?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

mil= malfunction indicator light lol

a.k.a. check engine light
Old 10-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

dosent chrome do this as well?

it turns the CEL into the shift light or soemthing?

eliminating the CEL is completely stupid, how would you know when something goes wrong with your OBD?
Old 10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
blingin cracka

KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster

lol...this is what i get for asking on Drag
Old 10-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by murphy660
mil= malfunction indicator light lol

a.k.a. check engine light
Well, yes...?

The question isn't what it is, it's why it needs to have an overrride.. I think everyone already knows what a MIL indicator is. I want to know what kind of "MIL eliminator kit" this is..
Old 10-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by dorko
dosent chrome do this as well?

it turns the CEL into the shift light or soemthing?

eliminating the CEL is completely stupid, how would you know when something goes wrong with your OBD?
Chrome uses the MIL for both a shift light and a MIL indicator, if you want it to. At least it did way back in the day, I don't mess with Hondas any more.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 PM
blingin cracka

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Well, yes...?

The question isn't what it is, it's why it needs to have an overrride.. I think everyone already knows what a MIL indicator is. I want to know what kind of "MIL eliminator kit" this is..
he put a longtube header on his car and eliminated the cat(s)...so its causing his check engine light to come on...being a mustang guy, when we put a cat-less H or X pipe on, we have to add MIL eliminators to keep our check engine lights from coming on. Honda's dont have this problem? you can just run any type of exhaust without any check engine lights coming on? cats or no cats?

As for the "kit", it was just a resistor and a few wires. i dont know where he got it...off the internet somewhere. i dont know where it was recommended from
Old 10-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Racetracks

Ah, that's what I figured. Try an O2 sensor spacer, they work fairly well usually. Getting the O2 sensor slightly out of the exhaust stream often works well enough to fool the ECU. The resistor kits don't usually work because they affect the signal all the time, which isn't needed during some operating conditions. Spacers don't have that problem.

Quick Reply: Honda MIL eliminator