Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

honda b16a timing

Old 03-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiophile24 has disabled reputation
Default honda b16a timing

i need to ask a question here. i just changed my timing belt on a b16a. the engine runs but lacks power any suggestions as to why? yes my buddy accidentally turned the crank while the timing belt was off how do i reset it? i have turned it to top dead center or at least what i figured was tdc. but the catr has the same problem any suggestions as to how to do this im getting irritated.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: honda b16a timing

turn the belt till the cam gears are both at TDC. loosen the tensioner and slide the belt off the cam gears. there are some marks on the crank pulley that line up w/ a mark on the lower timing belt cover. turn the crank pulley until the mark lines up in the middle of the marks. put the belt back on the gears. tighten tensioner...
Old 03-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
turn the belt till the cam gears are both at TDC. loosen the tensioner and slide the belt off the cam gears. there are some marks on the crank pulley that line up w/ a mark on the lower timing belt cover. turn the crank pulley until the mark lines up in the middle of the marks. put the belt back on the gears. tighten tensioner...
maybe im dumb but i see no marks on the lower belt cover.....i have thouroughly cleaned it also.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by audiophile24
maybe im dumb but i see no marks on the lower belt cover.....i have thouroughly cleaned it also.
okay are you talking about the lines on the side of the underdrive pulley and the raised line on the lower belt shroud?