Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HIGH!! Idle...

Old 02-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Its a Man part.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute
Default HIGH!! Idle...

Ok so I replaced.. my manifold with a AEBS manifold on my B16a.... this is the first time Ive done something like this on my car... and im having some issues with it... the car sat for awhile due to the alternator needed replacement... maybe a couple of months.... the car idled high before maybe 3.5k when it first started but then would lower to 1.5k or so.. well now that I have the alternator replaced... and the new manifold on there and the honda oddesy Throttle body... when I start the car.. it has a loopy idle at 3k when goes up in rpms to like 6.8k .... but i shut it off right way... could it be a coolent issue or??? any help would be great thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 02:17 PM
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HIGH!! Idle...

check vaccum lines
Old 02-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

thanks could it be anything else
Old 02-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Its a Man part.

does... the b16 need a fast idle control valve?
Old 02-08-2009, 04:53 PM
ohh yea

integrab17 has disabled reputation

did u take off the intire intake manifold gasket off the head competely??/
Old 02-08-2009, 06:21 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Definately sounds like a problem with your intake manifold gasket...

6.8k rpm is just too high to be a coolant issue or FITV issue...
Old 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Its a Man part.

wait can you please explain... new to this stuff
Old 02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Registered member

enot767 has disabled reputation

when you put your new intake manifold on did you replace the gasket that goes between the head, and the intake manifold.

you should of installed something that looks like this
Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Its a Man part.

Sigh... im dumb as hell..... I used the old one thats prob been on there since the motor was made... im a fucking dumb ass... So that mostlikely deff what it is isnt it?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation

yep ..... your sir are a dumbass........ now you have to do it all over..... BUT you learned a lesson hopefully....

better an intake gasket than maybe thinking you can reuse a head gasket or something like that..... anyways. good job dumbass.

also did your dumbass notice a coolant leak as well???

lol dont feel so bad dumbasses become smart asses by doing dumbass shit.

fuck off

Quick Reply: HIGH!! Idle...