Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

high compression turbo

Old 02-18-2004, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: high compression turbo

in this situation its not about being diff. its about being on the safe side and running 9:1 comp. is not being a "jock". 9:1 allows u to A: run higher boost with alot less tuning (which = mad loot) and B: u wont have to worry about the big boom
Old 02-18-2004, 12:36 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

true, but i seen quiet i few cars that run gsr motors with a inlinepro .3mm headgasket that turn the boost up to 18 at the track and have no problems
Old 02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

And I bet a lot of them run race gas at the track. That changes things a great deal.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by fucT
what are everyones thoughts?

like 10-10.5:1 with a small turbo. would seem to make since on the street. but then again i could be wrong, just trying to be different. im talking built bottom end when i say 10-10.5 or higher... everyone always says 9:1
go with a larger turbo. hondas like to flow lots of air at low boost because the charge is a much lower temp with a bigger turbo. honda's cant take heat well at all. you'd be fine w/ a t3/t4 or t3/t04e and you'd be running very good times at only 6-7psi. just be sure to get it tuned right.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Dick has disabled reputation

as long as you have the fuel it will work good high compression big turbo makes lots of low end torque and a kick ass top end
Old 02-18-2004, 01:08 PM
I am the way.

Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula

Originally Posted by 93civic
in this situation its not about being diff. its about being on the safe side and running 9:1 comp. is not being a "jock". 9:1 allows u to A: run higher boost with alot less tuning (which = mad loot) and B: u wont have to worry about the big boom
Please... the same amount of tuning will go into both. Real tuning. Forget what all the little ricers say about high compression and FI not working together. If you're fully tuning it it won't make a difference.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:27 PM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by fucT
i think stock a b18c is 10.6, i may be wrong

b18c5 is 10.6:1
Old 02-18-2004, 01:27 PM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

im going 9:1 compression. just cause im a pussy and trying to stay safe.

if it blows, oh well, should have gone 10:1, cause it wouldnt have mattered anyway.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick
as long as you have the fuel it will work good high compression big turbo makes lots of low end torque and a kick ass top end

thats the farthest thing from the truth. low end torque and honda should never be mentioned unless its a t25 and small cams with a long intake manifold.

even my KA24 which is known for low end torque lacks now in the low end due to compression change, bigger cams and a ported head. I went back to a stock cam motor and stock compression and stock head and wow......so much more driveable.

on my high compression 11:1 sr20 with a HKS GT3037 there was no low end at all. 150ft/lbs till about 4500rpm when it spooled up. cams and intake manifold have a GREATER effect on spool up than compression does. I have setup after setup, dyno charts after dyno charts to prove this.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greaser
thats the farthest thing from the truth. low end torque and honda should never be mentioned unless its a t25 and small cams with a long intake manifold.

even my KA24 which is known for low end torque lacks now in the low end due to compression change, bigger cams and a ported head. I went back to a stock cam motor and stock compression and stock head and wow......so much more driveable.

on my high compression 11:1 sr20 with a HKS GT3037 there was no low end at all. 150ft/lbs till about 4500rpm when it spooled up. cams and intake manifold have a GREATER effect on spool up than compression does. I have setup after setup, dyno charts after dyno charts to prove this.
agreed.
But a t25 would choke off the flow of b16 at high rpms. Its all about tuning, flow matching your turbo to your head/intake/Exhaust manifold. Smaller exhasut manifold tubing will make killer low end torque, but will effect your top end though. Ported head is not as important on FI car as N/A. You want more polishing. I can't say anything more that Greaser hasn't said all ready.

Like heres one dyno of SOHC (8 Valve), 13 psi on tdo4-13c turbo(tad bigger then t25) and 2.3l of displacement.

Had to add something. With high compression and low boost you have to worry about the surge limit of turbo pushing that much CFM at so little boost.

Last edited by Boosted2003; 02-18-2004 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: high compression turbo