Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

High 12s with NA GSR?

Old 05-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: High 12s with NA GSR?

k20 swaps are worthless..only for people who want to brag..why spend 7k on a swap that will get you 12s...when you can boost a B for 2500-3000...and put out the same results with more horsepower/torque.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:38 PM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

get a set of balanced jdm itr pistons from inline four; 81.25mm bore. get your block cleaned up and run a two layer gasket. that should put you right around 11.5 compression. get a set of some sort aftermarket valves,springs, and retainers. some mild headwork and a set of stage 2 skunk cams or similar should get you more than enough power for high twelves in a gutted eg. add spray for tons more fun.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:50 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

....or just buy a car thats already fast!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BoostLag
k20 swaps are worthless..only for people who want to brag..why spend 7k on a swap that will get you 12s...when you can boost a B for 2500-3000...and put out the same results with more horsepower/torque.
Well, I won't say worthless...but with todays prices on K swaps, worthless would be a close second
Old 05-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yell88CRXsi
Well, I won't say worthless...but with todays prices on K swaps, worthless would be a close second

well yea,worthless was a bad choice of words...just something i wouldnt think of doing a swap with.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:43 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

it all depends on where you look for the swap....guy blew his motor in an rsx, brought it to acura(of course) to find out what was wrong....in the end he was responsible for blowing it...playing the i dont know what happened game...but when he was told this he replied," well i found one on ebay for 3200, could you put that in"......and also if you pay anywhere close to 6000-7000 for a used k-swap your a fuckin idiot..that is what they cost to everyday ppl at acura brand new

edit: after seeing as many blow motors as i have, if i ever consider a k-swap ill will get the head built because the valves float when you start reaching that redline

Last edited by brokemyR1; 06-01-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

As a matter of fact, have an ITR rank that has been lightened and balanced, a set of Eagle rods and a set of Wiseco pistons that will net you around 12.8:1 with your p72 head. All of the parts were used for about 4,500 miles. The ITR crank was purchased brand new from Acura by the way. And using a thin headgasket or milling the head is a bad idea. You need the piston to valve clearance on an N/A Honda. They are interference motors. This in short means things WILL touch under abnormal conditions.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Banned

redlineludesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BoostLag
its only really expensive when u buy from the wrong place(s) and then have somebody else (shop) do the swap for you...youll bve surprised on how much money on this swap you can save if you have sources and good hands...

plus in the long run it's alot more reliable and could save you alot of money...N/A
Old 06-16-2006, 05:27 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by strtfightncivc2
Ok guys i have a 93 civic hatch with a gsr swap in it.....it was fast as crap when i first got it but now im used to it...i was thinking turbo but this is my daily driver and i need reliability. So now im going all motor and making my hatch be as clean as possbile so that ill have the perfect all around car. So i think. So i was wondering if it was possible to put a fully built head on a stock gsr bottom end and hit hight 12 on street tires?? Also what kind of head should i use to do this and what kind of cams are good for stock bottom end??? Thanks a lot i cant wait till i can decide on something....
my roomates setup, GSR motor, toda spec C cams, Toda valve train, PnP head, skunk 2 manfiold, CTR pistons. = high 190's whp = 12's on slicks
Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by EEK
my roomates setup, GSR motor, toda spec C cams, Toda valve train, PnP head, skunk 2 manfiold, CTR pistons. = high 190's whp = 12's on slicks
Huh? Wow.

My friend has buddy club spec 4s, 82 bore with wisecos(don't know the compression ), skunk2 manifold, 70? mm throttle body, profab(i think) header and he made 200.5whp. Head is stock cast wise, it has valve springs and retainers though.

His dyno curve looks like a S though. It's horrible. He ran a 13.1 on slicks though. If we could get his dyno curve to smoothin out, it'd be a 12 second car easy.

Quick Reply: High 12s with NA GSR?